Deshaun Watson spotted at Innisfree Tuscaloosa

CrimsonProf

Hall of Fame
Dec 30, 2006
Birmingham, Alabama
Anyone seen the video floating around of Deshaun Watson at Innisfree? Appears someone - maaaaaaaaaaaybe a former OLB for the Tide - told him it was "time to go," so he and his girlfriend had to up and leave.

Then again, maybe Watson should have had sense enough to go eat somewhere nice and quiet, not a packed student bar.

tusks_n_raider

Hall of Fame
May 13, 2009
Mobile, AL
Anyone seen the video floating around of Deshaun Watson at Innisfree? Appears someone - maaaaaaaaaaaybe a former OLB for the Tide - told him it was "time to go," so he and his girlfriend had to up and leave.

Then again, maybe Watson should have had sense enough to go eat somewhere nice and quiet, not a packed student bar.
I saw it. It was embarrassing. We are supposed to be 'hospitable' in the south. It's awfully petty for people to 'run him out' of a place just because of what happened in January. It's pretty low class all around. Plus if a former player from last year's team had such a problem maybe they should have made Watson's '"time to go" be on one of several 3rd down opportunities in the game instead of a place to get a drink and some food.

CrimsonProf

Hall of Fame
Dec 30, 2006
Birmingham, Alabama
I saw it. It was embarrassing. We are supposed to be 'hospitable' in the south. It's awfully petty for people to 'run him out' of a place just because of what happened in January. It's pretty low class all around. Plus if a former player from last year's team had such a problem maybe they should have made Watson's '"time to go" be on one of several 3rd down opportunities in the game instead of a place to get a drink and some food.

I'm having a hard time losing sleep over it.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
Unless he was in there acting like a jerk and wearing a big Clemson shirt with the score on it, I think somebody running him out is rather rude.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
He is no longer a college football player - no longer "the enemy". Also, he is 1-1 in championship games against Alabama. Not sure why anyone would give him flack, but also would not get worked up over it. That loss was brutal. Need to win another championship to fully put that one in the emotional rear view. I'm sure he understands. He remembers what it felt like to lose in 2015.

edwd58

All-American
Aug 2, 2006
You can't admit to running an illegal pick play to win a title and then expect the other side to be all 'hospitable' when you show up at their watering hole.

Crimson57s

1st Team
Aug 18, 2012
DW was really tempting fate. Whoever told him to leave may have sensed something bad developing and done him a favor. I'm glad no serious 'rudeness' broke out.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
If we had won the game and Jalen had gotten run out of a restaurant in Clemson, people on here would have been screaming bloody murder.

Anyone who had a problem with him being there is idiotic and childish.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
If we had won the game and Jalen had gotten run out of a restaurant in Clemson, people on here would have been screaming bloody murder.

Anyone who had a problem with him being there is idiotic and childish.

I'm sure you'd tell Ryan Anderson and Wallace Gilberry that to their face.

BamaHoosier

All-American
Jan 17, 2011
Noblesville Indiana
Sadly, for a fan base who likes to throw around the term "class" as much as we do, there's a very good chunk of our fan base who has none of it. Unfortunately it seems to be the ones who are the most visible are the ones who lack it the most. This time being a couple of former players makes it even worse. This is just a bad look all around.

Edit: I'll throw out a caveat. We don't know the full story. Maybe DW was trash talking. Maybe Wallace and Ryan asked him to leave to protect him from segments in the bar who were upset. Problem is, that's not the part that was caught on camera. As I said, it's just a bad look.

Last edited:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.