Deshaun Watson spotted at Innisfree Tuscaloosa

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
As mad as I was at Deshaun for leading one of the best last minute drives against us for a win, in the NC Game for goodness sakes, I got over being ticked off fairly quickly & realized we got beat by one of the absolute best football players to ever play the game..

I have nothing but respect for Deshaun, because he almost beat us twice, it took everything we had the year before to beat Clemson because we simply couldn't stop Deshaun..Hell I'd love to buy the man a drink & sit down talking about the game of football with him in any bar outside of Tuscaloosa..That's just me though..

Having said all that folks outside of Tuscaloosa should know that Bama Fans & our Player's takes our Football Program more serious than any team on this planet, Deshaun wasn't harmed when he walked into the middle of a hornet's nest full of serious Tide Fans, Football Player's & was simply asked to leave..It's not a place I would've walked into if I were Deshaun, a situation like that, could turn really ugly really really quickly & Deshaun should've known that..

tusks_n_raider

Hall of Fame
May 13, 2009
Mobile, AL
I think the only hilarious thing is the guy on the Anderson-Gillberry video acting all big and bad saying "Deshaun you better wrap that up" only because Anderson is there. It's like CNS's son charging Deshaun in the Arizona national championship game. I guess Deshaun doesn't make people shake in their boots. Lol
Probably because I doubt he's ever trying to do that. He carries himself like a class act off the field and has always come across as humble with poise and grace. He's the kind of guy you want to represent the Heisman Trophy and/or your own team. He's more like a Mark Ingram, Derrick Henry, or Marcus Mariota than a Newton, Winston, or Manziel.

It shouldn't matter why he was in town. It's not like he came in dressed in full on Clemson regalia pea-cocking around like a clown looking for attention how Newton dresses in press conferences. He was obviously dressed in a low key manner in black and grey colors schemes with a hood covering his head to not draw attention to himself.

Even with people being hostile towards him in an uncalled for manner he calmly gets up and leaves without making a scene. He's obviously confident enough in his own self that he doesn't need to act like a brutish alpha male. The man has class unlike the majority of patrons in the establishment that evening.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Probably because I doubt he's ever trying to do that. He carries himself like a class act off the field and has always come across as humble with poise and grace. He's the kind of guy you want to represent the Heisman Trophy and/or your own team. He's more like a Mark Ingram, Derrick Henry, or Marcus Mariota than a Newton, Winston, or Manziel.

It shouldn't matter why he was in town. It's not like he came in dressed in full on Clemson regalia pea-cocking around like a clown looking for attention how Newton dresses in press conferences. He was obviously dressed in a low key manner in black and grey colors schemes with a hood covering his head to not draw attention to himself.

Even with people being hostile towards him in an uncalled for manner he calmly gets up and leaves without making a scene. He's obviously confident enough in his own self that he doesn't need to act like a brutish alpha male. The man has class unlike the majority of patrons in the establishment that evening.
Ok a few things...

1) I'm in the this is classless bunch, but I really don't care in getting in a never ending argument with folks over this

2) it wasn't a majority of the bar. It was Ryan Anderson and Gilberry starting it, and a few people joining the chant

3) I think the most important fact that is being excluded is that Ryan Anderson got tossed by the bar after they became aware of what happened.

4) My whole point was how every average joe wants to play big man.

edwd58

All-American
Aug 2, 2006
There is a bunch of self-rightousness in this thread. I guess we've 'lost that loving feeling', at least for Watson. Mountains out of molehills.

CrimsonProf

Hall of Fame
Dec 30, 2006
Birmingham, Alabama

Do you know him?

I mean, I'm sure he's a good dude, and he wasn't causing any harm, and our guys shouldn't have done what they did, but all we know about him is what he did on the field. He's probably a decent enough guy but that's all. I don't know him from Adam so I can't say if he's a great guy or not. Guess what - I also can't say anything about whether or not most Bama players are good dudes.

Two of our guys made a mistake - and we're acting like they curb stomped at guy on the fifty yard line. It's not that big of a deal, and some of us are hiding behind "class" in the same way that Auburn people hide behind "family" and "Auburn men."

Last edited:

kyallie

FB Moderator
Staff member
Jan 17, 2010
Shakopee Minnesota, via Birmingham Alabama

Tuscaloosa bar issues apology after Deshaun Watson incident-seccountry

app-facebook

Innisfree Irish Pub Tuscaloosa
20 hours ago

Over the years we have had thousands of visitors from rival schools and have always treated them fairly. Today was not any different. The unfolding of today's events were not led by our staff or anyone employed by Innisfree Irish Pubs. Unfortunately a customer attempted to invoke the right to refuse service on our behalf and after being identified, was immediately asked to leave the premises following the incident. We apologize for any inconvenience this incident caused to our customers. We appreciate anyone that chooses to visit our establishment and hope to continue welcoming sports fans for years to come.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida

Tuscaloosa bar issues apology after Deshaun Watson incident-seccountry

app-facebook

Innisfree Irish Pub Tuscaloosa
20 hours ago

Over the years we have had thousands of visitors from rival schools and have always treated them fairly. Today was not any different. The unfolding of today's events were not led by our staff or anyone employed by Innisfree Irish Pubs. Unfortunately a customer attempted to invoke the right to refuse service on our behalf and after being identified, was immediately asked to leave the premises following the incident. We apologize for any inconvenience this incident caused to our customers. We appreciate anyone that chooses to visit our establishment and hope to continue welcoming sports fans for years to come.

That's the Alabama fan base I know and love.

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
I think Watson will be ok. Poor baby. I'm sure he's scarred for life.

In other news, my love for Anderson continues to grow.

theballguy

Hall of Fame
Nov 5, 2012
Roll Tide Roll, Colorado USA
2 things:

1. Deshaun should have known better. Nobody's perfect though. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt -- he's shown nothing but class. I am honestly curious why he was in Tuscaloosa.

2. As fans, we should have treated him a little better. Yes, this was embarrassing.

If Ryan Anderson really did say something to the effect of "it's time to go, time to wrap up ...", I have no problem with that if he was giving Watson a hard time -- they're both peers (and should have some mutual respect). To me, that would have been funny. And Watson would have earned that one. But, no fans should be doing that stuff from a serious standpoint. I honestly wouldn't mind meeting Watson if that was possible.

CrimsonTheory

All-American
Mar 26, 2012
CrimsonBleedRed
Does Watson know the old adage "discretion is the better part of valor"? Because showing up at a Tuscaloosa restaurant is not.....a smart decision. Not condoning the actions of the patrons or the former players but showing up at a Tuscaloosa restaurant is a straight up taunt, rather he meant it or not. If he wanted southern cuisine he could have gone anywhere in the south, and probably been hail a conquering hero (especially at Auburn or Baton Rouge) but he actively chose Tuscaloosa and again it leaves his decision making a lot to be desire.

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
I know you said this in jest, but I think he may have invited him to join him as any decent person would.
How do you know? We're talking about a guy that shoved his own quarterback in a championship game blowout, I think he has a bit more competitive spirit than you realize. Do you know how many competitors have expressed outright disdain for their rivals? Did you even play competitive sports? I know we had one team in high school, that was just hated them. We hated them. Before I was on the team the two teams even met up once to fight. Was that some terrible abomination? Not really, we were rivals, we legitimately didn't like each other, we didn't get along, we we wanted to kick the other team's butts and we didn't get a good enough chance on the court. That's all there is to it.

To be completely honest, I see more of a problem with competitors who hang out with each other all buddy buddy when they are supposed to want to beat each other, than I have with competitors that act you know... competitively. And in competitive sports this is more or less the norm. There have been negative comments for example when Lebron goes and hangs out with players from other teams in the off season for example, people questioning that and rightfully so. On the flip side, we've seen plenty of incidents of players getting all friendly and then wanting to play together. Why? Because if like the dude, you stop wanting to kick his butt and you start wanting to be on his team. You are not supposed to like the players on the other team!

That's what it's about though, team! Watson chose not to be on Alabama's team! His choice! Ryan Anderson chose to be on Alabama's team! Would I be uncivil to Waton? No I would not, but I owe that guy absolutely nothing. I do owe Ryan Anderson something though, and part of that is support and the benefit of a doubt. I'm not a part of Alabama's team but he is, and he has every right in the world to have a competitive spirit. Nothing wrong with that, at all, as long as he doesn't cross the line, which he clearly didn't.

Last edited:

Padreruf

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2001
Charleston, South Carolina
Totally classless and I am embarrassed for UA...JA needs to invite him back to Tuscaloosa and take him out to the same place himself. It's a football game and it's over...show the class we claim to have.

Why is this so difficult to comprehend?

CullmanTide

Hall of Fame
Jan 7, 2008
Cullman, Al
Totally classless and I am embarrassed for UA...JA needs to invite him back to Tuscaloosa and take him out to the same place himself. It's a football game and it's over...show the class we claim to have.

Why is this so difficult to comprehend?
Thank you. I feel the same way.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.