Movie Trailer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
Excellent movie. Saw it this morning and loved it.
and I'll say it, you don't have to see Valerian. Saw it yesterday and while stunningly beautiful in spots it is also incredibly boring. Bad script, bad acting, week story. Saddest comment I can make is that the most impressive acting job came from Rihanna

Seeing Dunkirk Next week

MattinBama

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2007
and I'll say it, you don't have to see Valerian. Saw it yesterday and while stunningly beautiful in spots it is also incredibly boring. Bad script, bad acting, week story. Saddest comment I can make is that the most impressive acting job came from Rihanna

Seeing Dunkirk Next week
I had heard similar stories about Valerian. Even saw it compared to Battlefield Earth in just general bad sci-fi form.

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
I had heard similar stories about Valerian. Even saw it compared to Battlefield Earth in just general bad sci-fi form.

It isn't even close to as bad as Battlefield Earth*, that is one of the worst and most nonsensical movies of all time. Nor is it as bad as Jupiter Ascending, in fact during the movie with about 10/15 mins remaining I actually had that thought "This is bad, but not as bad as Jupiter Ascending"

I'd give this movie at least a 1/2 a star to a full star more than either of those as it did have some good in it. As I mentioned Rihanna was surprisingly good, though her character was a part of a completely pointless arc that seemed to be there only to add 30 mins to the movie. The world building was great with aliens that mostly made sense (except for a jellyfish) and motivations that did as well. Certainly nothing as bad as Battlefield Earths Psyclos of the "some kind of wolf" thing of Ascending. This movie bored me whereas those are absurd to the point of funny.

*I happen to love Battlefield Earth for it's awfulness. Something about that movie always keeps me watching

MattinBama

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2007
It isn't even close to as bad as Battlefield Earth*, that is one of the worst and most nonsensical movies of all time. Nor is it as bad as Jupiter Ascending, in fact during the movie with about 10/15 mins remaining I actually had that thought "This is bad, but not as bad as Jupiter Ascending"

I'd give this movie at least a 1/2 a star to a full star more than either of those as it did have some good in it. As I mentioned Rihanna was surprisingly good, though her character was a part of a completely pointless arc that seemed to be there only to add 30 mins to the movie. The world building was great with aliens that mostly made sense (except for a jellyfish) and motivations that did as well. Certainly nothing as bad as Battlefield Earths Psyclos of the "some kind of wolf" thing of Ascending. This movie bored me whereas those are absurd to the point of funny.

*I happen to love Battlefield Earth for it's awfulness. Something about that movie always keeps me watching
It is terrible but amusing to watch. I had figured the comparison was a bit hyperbolic honestly. It's one that I'll wait to see on streaming or something. The visuals did look amazing in the trailer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.