News Article: Mark Richt to Retire at Miami

bamacpa

All-American
Jul 19, 2006
It makes sense. they were awful this year. He doesn't seem like he needs coaching as some do.

Last edited:

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
No surprise. He wasn't able to carry any of the momentum from 2017 forward at all which is a sign of a coach who just doesn't have the competitive fire inside him anymore. They completely tanked in recruiting down the stretch too. Miami is in a bad spot because I think Mullen is about to get the Gator machine rolling again and FSU has been falling apart yet they never seized the opportunity.

AUDub

Hall of Fame
Dec 4, 2013
Give me ambiguity or give me something else.
No surprise. He wasn't able to carry any of the momentum from 2017 forward at all which is a sign of a coach who just doesn't have the competitive fire inside him anymore. They completely tanked in recruiting down the stretch too. Miami is in a bad spot because I think Mullen is about to get the Gator machine rolling again and FSU has been falling apart yet they never seized the opportunity.
The come-apart of their recruiting class has been one for the ages.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
I am NOW convinced 92tide doesn’t worship the devil....he IS the devil (blue font everyone).....

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
I thought he retired in November of last year, the way they closed out the season, the terrible 2018 campaign and the terrible recruiting class. You could tell he just wasn’t into it! I really thought Richt would put Miami in the discussion every year with his annual 10-2 record, but I guess he never really got over losing the Georgia gig!

Go Bama

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
16outa17essee
CJF, Joey Freshwater, seems like a perfect fit to me. He knows the area and could recruit well and could expect the keys to the Cadillac.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.