Sen Kamala Harris (Calif)
Sen Kirsten Gillibrand (N Y)
Sen Elizabeth Warren (Mass)
Julian Castro (Fmr HUD secretary)
Rep Tulsi Gabbard (Hawaii)
John Delaney (Fmr MD congressman)
Richard Orjeda (Fmr W V state senator)
Mayor Pete Buttigieg (South Bend)
Marianne Williamson (Author, Oprah's spiritual counselor)
Sen Cory Booker (N J)
Sen Amy Klobuchar (MN)
Sen Bernie Sanders (VT)
Gov Jay Inslee (WA)
John Hickenlooper (Fmr CO Gov)
Beto O'Rourke (Fmr TX congressman)
Andrew Yang (Entrepreneur)
Mayor Wayne Messam (Miramar Fla)
Rep Tim Ryan (Ohio)
Rep Eric Swalwell (Calif)
Rep Seth Moulton (Mass)
Joe Biden (Fmr VP)
Sen Michael Bennett (CO)
Gov Steve Bullock (Mon)
Mayor Bill de Blasio (NYC)
Joe Sestak (Fmr PA congressman)
Tom Steyer (Investor)
Deval Patrick(Fmr Mass Gov)
Michael Bloomberg(Fmr NY Mayor)

Last edited:

CharminTide

Hall of Fame
Oct 23, 2005
Like her. Not sold on her big policy appeal to renters, though (details).

I heard her give an interview after announcing that was an extremely cringe-y emotional appeal devoid of substance, and I hated it.

Love her platform and message, but she might need a charismatic VP if she wins the primary.

Awful.

No opinion.

CharminTide

Hall of Fame
Oct 23, 2005
What do you think of Corey Booker
Overrated opportunist who has for many years enjoyed the checks written by Wall Street and Pharmaceutical companies. I know he's vowed to stop accepting corporate donations, but this does not feel at all like a genuine move to me. It instead feels like some political calculation that he'd be more than willing to back away from if the wind changed directions even slightly. I'll listen to him, but he has a lot of convincing to do.

Look at the donors for these three. One is not like the others.

Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez

Elizabeth Warren

Cory Booker

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
Overrated opportunist who has for many years enjoyed the checks written by Wall Street and Pharmaceutical companies. I know he's vowed to stop accepting corporate donations, but this does not feel at all like a genuine move to me. It instead feels like some political calculation that he'd be more than willing to back away from if the wind changed directions even slightly. I'll listen to him, but he has a lot of convincing to do.

Look at the donors for these three. One is not like the others.

Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez

Elizabeth Warren

Cory Booker
Impressive website - thanks, Charmin!

uafanataum

All-American
Oct 18, 2014
Like her. Not sold on her big policy appeal to renters, though (details).

I heard her give an interview after announcing that was an extremely cringe-y emotional appeal devoid of substance, and I hated it.

Love her platform and message, but she might need a charismatic VP if she wins the primary.

Awful.

No opinion.
No opinion is probably worse than a negative opinion because that means their names are not well known. Of the candidates that are likely to win the primaries, none of them are from states that the democrats will have to actually battle republicans for. I am not sure it matters that much because I think Trump loses regardless but I thought having a candidate from a battleground state was a main strategy of both parties.

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
I will update as necessary.

It is still a long way until the summer of 2020, but for the sake of discussion I will jump in. Of those listed, right now, I would prefer Harris over Warren. None of the others will be around after the primaries get underway. The overriding issue will eventually be, as I see it, is American ready for a female President and/or is America ready for a minority, female President?

I wish Bernie would give it up and stay in Vermont. My personal favorite right now is Joe Biden, but I really do not believe he will enter the race. The truth is both he and Bernie are too old and no longer have the appeal they had just a couple of years ago. I am not at all impressed with Booker, he seems to be too enamored with himself and would likely portray himself as Barrack Obama 2.0. He has not decided to run yet, but Beto O'Rourke is another potential candidate that does not appeal to me, I know he was the media darling in his run against Cruz, but at his age and with lack of experience he might be better suited in the VP role to a more seasoned candidate. That is all I've got for now, but look forward to this thread as time gets closer. Thanks for bringing this up Bamaro, it ought to be a lot of fun.

Last edited:

Bodhisattva

Hall of Fame
Aug 22, 2001
Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida
At this point, I favor Kamala due to feeling nostalgic. At 6'7" and well over 300 lbs, he will intimidate our enemies. He was a heel most of his career, so he's no snowflake looking for a safe space. Yeah, the Ugandan giant, being from Uganda, may have a constitutional hurdle to being president. But, that quaint notion can just be reinterpreted. And while I have no idea what Kamala's foreign or domestic policy is, the belly slapping, face paint, and mask are cool. Kamala 2020. Let's do this!

Last edited:

Its On A Slab

All-SEC
Apr 18, 2018
Pyongyang, Democratic Republic of Korea
At this point, I favor Kamala due to feeling nostalgic. At 6'7" and well over 300 lbs, he will intimidate our enemies. He was a heel most of his career, so he's no snowflake looking for a safe space. Yeah, the Ugandan giant, being from Uganda, may have a constitutional hurdle to being president. But, that quaint notion can just be reinterpreted. And while I have no idea what Kamala's foreign or domestic policy is, the belly slapping, face paint, and mask is cool. Kamala 2020. Let's do this!

Kamala was one of my favorites back in the day.

I read where he's had some really bad health problems. Lost both legs to diabetes.

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
At this point, I favor Kamala due to feeling nostalgic. At 6'7" and well over 300 lbs, he will intimidate our enemies. He was a heel most of his career, so he's no snowflake looking for a safe space. Yeah, the Ugandan giant, being from Uganda, may have a constitutional hurdle to being president. But, that quaint notion can just be reinterpreted. And while I have no idea what Kamala's foreign or domestic policy is, the belly slapping, face paint, and mask is cool. Kamala 2020. Let's do this!

I am looking forward to Dwayne Elizondo Mountain Dew Herbert Camacho winning.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
I will update as necessary.

Looks the Democratic clown car will be as entertaining as the Republican one in 2016.

The top three are the only ones I am really familiar with, Castro I have heard of.

The last guy has a very unfortunate name for a gay man.

I would support Biden but I agree his time has passed.

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001
I'm sorry to see so many obscure candidates cluttering up the field. I prefer a firebreather like Warren or Harris but I'm hoping the Dems can nominate a candidate who can win in a landslide.

I like Castro but who is he kidding. He looks to be in his twenties. Beto lacks the experience and gravitas, but could add a spark as a veep backing up a more moderate candidate like Biden. I expect a woman will win the nomination. Klobuchar hasn't announced, but she has good sense and also can appeal to the middle. I can't stand the squeaky-voiced Gillibrand, she's a blue dog in disguise, I don't trust her at all.

Klobuchar/Beto might be the best team but we will see how it goes.

I would be very happy to see Harris or Warren as President.

Booman has a good take on this.

http://www.boomantribune.com/story/2019/1/22/14629/3914

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
Yeah, these folks you have never heard of or lack a lot of national exposure are just cluttering up the field. I do agree that Amy Klobuchar might be a very electable candidate. She would appeal to the moderates on both right and left, she is from the Midwest which would be a plus, she has a national name and experience in the Senate.

I would prefer to see someone like Elizabeth Warren as Secretary of State or Attorney General. I think her demeanor would be better suited to one of those roles. On a lighter note, you've got to admit Kamala Harris is pretty hawt which is a plus. :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.