DNC debates - July 30, 31, 2019 - Schedule info and discussion thread

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
there is no way in hell biden would ever choose tulsi as a running mate
I think he is going to chose a person that isn’t despised by the right and independents. Right now that is tulsi and a few bottom dwellers in the candidate pool. But personally I think if he should win it won’t be anyone he is currently running against.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
I think he is going to chose a person that isn’t despised by the right and independents. Right now that is tulsi and a few bottom dwellers in the candidate pool. But personally I think if he should win it won’t be anyone he is currently running against.
tulsi is nothing but a shiny object for folks who would never in a million years vote for a democrat to talk about. she adds absolutely nothing of value to the ticket and would be a sarah palin level (she is at least smarter than palin) joke of a vp selection.

Last edited:

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
tulsi is nothing but a shiny object for folks who would never in a million years vote for a democrat to talk about. she adds absolutely nothing of value to the ticket and would be a sarah palin level (she is at least smarter than palin) joke of a vp selection.
Honestly how many VP candidates make sense in terms of being the 1st in line for succession? Most of them are just people that you hope never would be president.

Tulsi at the moment is one of the few that isn’t outright hated by the right center and independents. Which should be the Democrats target audience. They need to heal the wound not open it further. Biden and Warren are probably going to be the nominee, but if they choose a far left running mate then the election would be lost at that moment.

Would I choose her? No, but right now she and Castro are probably Biden’s potential best bets should he win and pick within the candidate pool. But I think he is going to do what Hilliary did and pick some other politician outside of the candidate pool from the Midwest or Mid Atlantic.

Last edited:

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
Honestly how many VP candidates make sense in terms of being the 1st in line for succession? Most of them are just people that you hope never would be president.

Tulsi at the moment is one of the few that isn’t outright hated by the right center and independents. Which should be the Democrats target audience. They need to heal the wound not open it further. Biden and Warren are probably going to be the nominee, but if they choose a far left running mate then the election would be lost at that moment.

Would I choose her? No, but right now she and Castro are probably Biden’s potential best bets should he win and pick within the candidate pool. But I think he is going to do what Hilliary did and pick some other politician outside of the candidate pool from the Midwest or Mid Atlantic.
there was a video of her ( a few months back i think) basically saying that the mueller report was a big bunch of nothing, using trump/gop talking points and that we have to stop focusing on that and trump's criminality and deal with the "real problems" (whatever those are) or else we are going to have a civil war.

she's a full on nut job. he may have to pander to the right/independent with his choice should he get the nom (i don't think he'll go that route) but it won't be with her. even if he wanted to, there would be a revolt in the party. she's an opportunistic nut-job.

Last edited:

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
there was a video of her ( a few months back i think) basically saying that the mueller report was a big bunch of nothing, using trump/gop talking points and that we have to stop focusing on that and trump's criminality and deal with the "real problems" (whatever those are) or else we are going to have a civil war.

she's a full on nut job. he may have to pander to the right/independent with his choice should he get the nom (i don't think he'll go that route) but it won't be with her. even if he wanted to, there would be a revolt in the party. she's an opportunistic nut-job.

I get it, but it would be better to have a nut job that leans towards the center than a nut job that leans far to the left. I personally think Biden choosing Tulsi is stupid, but nowhere near as stupid as him choosing Sanders. Kerry choosing Edwards was by far the dumbest decision he made in a very winnable election. Obama choosing Joe was probably one of the better decisions he made in a more favorable election. Your VP can’t be so far left or far right of center.

Again I think if he chooses one of the a candidates then it’s likely to be Castro because they have a lot of familiarity and they can continue the Obama legacy. But I have this feeling that he is going to choose a Kaine or a Mondale who aren’t running that fit in a key geographical area.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
I get it, but it would be better to have a nut job that leans towards the center than a nut job that leans far to the left. I personally think Biden choosing Tulsi is stupid, but nowhere near as stupid as him choosing Sanders. Kerry choosing Edwards was by far the dumbest decision he made in a very winnable election. Obama choosing Joe was probably one of the better decisions he made in a more favorable election. Your VP can’t be so far left or far right of center.

Again I think if he chooses one of the a candidates then it’s likely to be Castro because they have a lot of familiarity and they can continue the Obama legacy. But I have this feeling that he is going to choose a Kaine or a Mondale who aren’t running that fit in a key geographical area.
i think castro would make a good vp choice regardless of the candidate.

jthomas666

Hall of Fame
Aug 14, 2002
Birmingham & Warner Robins

1. Biden will pick me before he picks Sanders.

2. After 2016, I wouldn't be surprised if he picked someone further left--he covers the center fairly well.

3. I want Warren on the ticket, but Biden/Warren is just too old--got to energize the younger voters. That's where someone like Castro or Buttgeig could fit in.

4. Booker's starting to grow on me, but I'm not quite there yet--Castro brings more to the table.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
1. Biden will pick me before he picks Sanders.

2. After 2016, I wouldn't be surprised if he picked someone further left--he covers the center fairly well.

3. I want Warren on the ticket, but Biden/Warren is just too old--got to energize the younger voters. That's where someone like Castro or Buttgeig could fit in.

4. Booker's starting to grow on me, but I'm not quite there yet--Castro brings more to the table.
Yeah when I first heard booker I thought it was a joke. But he is starting to make me take him more serious. I don’t think he can win but I think he could be a person in the cabinet. Booker would be a great running mate.

But I think Booker is right that folks need to stop attacking Obama just to look better than Joe. I think attacking Obama makes Trump’s presidency appear to have more legitimacy.

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
Early on I thought a Biden/Harris ticket would be formidable but, am beginning to think that is not likely to happen. I feel that Harris would not want the undercard and, Biden would not want someone with Presidential aspirations to potentially upstage him. If the VP candidate comes from the current Presidential candidates then I believe Castro may be the best choice. He is a lot younger than Biden, is of Hispanic decent, has some government experience under Obama, and is geographically diverse from the East. He would obviously appeal to the minority voters and be seen as the future of diversity of the Democrat party. As others have said, if the candidate is Biden he may likely pick someone not a current candidate.

UAH

All-American
Nov 27, 2017
Yeah when I first heard booker I thought it was a joke. But he is starting to make me take him more serious. I don’t think he can win but I think he could be a person in the cabinet. Booker would be a great running mate.

But I think Booker is right that folks need to stop attacking Obama just to look better than Joe. I think attacking Obama makes Trump’s presidency appear to have more legitimacy.
When Booker was Mayor of Newark I felt that he was clearly a future Presidential candidate. He holds a BA and MA from Stanford, studied at Oxford as a Rhodes Scholar and graduated from Yale Law School. At some point in the future he will be in a significant leadership position. In my opinion he not well known enough to make a legitimate run for the Presidency but of all the candidates in both parties who is qualified to be POTUS.

seebell

Hall of Fame
Mar 12, 2012
Gurley, Al
Biden & Booker or Biden & Warren would have both candidates from close together on the east coast. Biden might want to pick a running mate from the Midwest. I'm not sure the country is ready for a gay male VP who couldn't handle a police problem in his own town.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
Nothing wrong with speculating as posted above.....but IMHO, Biden would be better off picking someone who isn't in the current field of presidential candidates.

Beyond that, I just don't have any guesses on who that might/could be.

Will be interesting to see how it all unfolds, because I do feel at this time Biden will be the nominee.

Go Bama

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
16outa17essee
Biden & Booker or Biden & Warren would have both candidates from close together on the east coast. Biden might want to pick a running mate from the Midwest. I'm not sure the country is ready for a gay male VP who couldn't handle a police problem in his own town.

I’d like to believe anyone who feels this way is firmly entrenched in Trump’s base. IOW, the Dems were never going to get those votes anyway.

Toddrn

All-American
Nov 29, 2006
Woodstock, Ga
What I would like to see is a candidate that truly wants to do what is best for the country not just one group of people or themselves. Someone that doesn't want to raise taxes. We need to control spending and balance the budget. Someone who will stay off twitter and focus on solving problems. Someone willing to make the hard choices that we all know need to be made to actually make our country better for all. I know I am dreaming but it's nice to dream sometimes.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
What I would like to see is a candidate that truly wants to do what is best for the country not just one group of people or themselves. Someone that doesn't want to raise taxes. We need to control spending and balance the budget. Someone who will stay off twitter and focus on solving problems. Someone willing to make the hard choices that we all know need to be made to actually make our country better for all. I know I am dreaming but it's nice to dream sometimes.
So if you take out raising taxes out of necessity.... You are sounding like you really want Barrack Obama back.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
what if raising taxes is the best thing for the country?

chanson78

All-American
Nov 1, 2005
Huntsville, AL
It’s funny. When people bring up Pete’s inability to just snap his fingers and fix racism in his town, it seems they conveniently forget several things. DeBlasio hasn’t fixed it, but he is trying hard. Booker couldn’t fix it during his time as mayor of Newark.

The whole expectation that a mayor, or anyone can fix racial issues in policing in a short amount of time is a nice and handy way to discount a candidate that is one of the few with firsthand experience with the actual day to day problems faced by many Americans. Unlike many who come from their senate positions, or business world experience.

Now, your point regarding whether America is ready for a gay VP is definitely valid. I think Americans are far more homophobic and misogynistic that Hollywood and the media portray. However, I didn’t think that America would elect a black president. Nor did I think they would elect a racist, xenophobic, dotard.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.