Bold Predictions for 2019

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
Hugh Freeze pitches to Liberty University to change their mascot from the Eagles, to the Emus. But also wants the press to call the team “The Dougs”, and the Landsharks.

Ole Miss sues
NCAA gives permission
Liberty signs 5 - 5* recruits. Most from Clemson’s backyard

Liberty spanks UCF by 35 in the Liberty Bowl.
Orlando is in mourning. .

Last edited:

ALA2262

All-American
Aug 4, 2007
Cumming, GA

Just missed on JJ.

Tua stays for his senior year.

Najee puts it together and becomes the feature back in a loaded backfield.

A tight end has Gronk like numbers as Tua checks down and takes what the defense gives him.

A defensive lineman has a rushing touchdown.

Surtain has five picks.

Alfano forced five fumbles.

Georgia Tech beats Georgia.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The ND line brought to mind the first time they ever lost as many as eight games. Their star player won the Heisman. 1956 (2-8) Paul Hornung. Don't know how you can even have a star player, much less a Heisman winner, with a 2-8 record.

Blueguitar

3rd Team
Nov 19, 2017
I am hoping for the Jalen vs Tua championship and that would be the most hyped game since the playoffs started and probably the most watched.
Jalen v. Tua for the NC and/or those two finishing 1 and 2 in the Heisman race would be such a good story ESPN or HBO will make a movie about it, guaranteed. I would watch it, that's for sure.

Blueguitar

3rd Team
Nov 19, 2017
4. Neither Lawrence or Tua win the Heisman
5. An Alabama player not named Jeudy will win the Biletnikoff. (and 2 WRs will go over 1k yards, Tua will go for 4k yards)
History suggests that you may be right about Tua and Lawrence. But if Tua gets to 4K I have a hard time seeing how he would be denied.

I would not be surprised to see 3 Bama players in the top 10 for the Biletnikoff award, and 4 or 5 receiving votes.

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017
History suggests that you may be right about Tua and Lawrence. But if Tua gets to 4K I have a hard time seeing how he would be denied.

I would not be surprised to see 3 Bama players in the top 10 for the Biletnikoff award, and 4 or 5 receiving votes.
Hey, no one said our predictions had to be consistent ;). I'm hedging my bets

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
I've been accused of hating Jalen because I love Tua so much so I'll again say my praise of Tua isn't meant to be a critique of Hurts in this post, but here goes:

Last night I watched a good portion of the 2017 semi-final game against Clemson. Remember, we dominated the game because our defense literally suffocated Kelly Bryant and Clemson's offense. But, to a lesser degree than in the Georgia game that followed, our offense wasn't exactly setting the woods on fire, especially the passing game. As I watched that game, I couldn't believe our inefficient our offense was with all of these dynamic, true freshmen playmakers we had running wide open at times. Even if you prescribe to the notion that Daboll should have adapted more to Jalen's strengths, it was obvious we couldn't pass our way out of a wet paper bag against better defenses.

Then I watched the NC game against Georgia and we struggled even worse and our defense didn't contain Georgia as well and, with the late TD just before the half, we fell behind 13-0. I've often wondered if that late TD by Georgia was the best thing that could have happened because being down just 6-0 at the half I'm not sure we make the change.

The rest is history as we know it. But here's the observation. As much as the offensive immediately improved in the second half against Georgia in Tua's first real performance, it improved by leaps and bounds into last year. And now with a more healthy and determined Tua, I just can't imagine how much better it'll be this year. I think our defense, placekicking, and OL will be improved enough to make the offensive attack even more lethal.

I realize we are talking about 3 different OCs and this year we may run more than last year with Sark. And maybe I'm just too optimistic and my Crimson Glasses are just too full of Bama but I think this offense may be even better...better than even last year!!!

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
I don't think Jalen is a Heisman finalist, and Oklahoma will fail to win the Big 12 or go to the playoffs.

Alabama's offense will set a record of consecutive games of scoring 50 or more points.

Clemson will lose 2 games and miss the playoffs.

Florida wins the East.

Iowa State wins the Big 12.

CFP: Alabama, Oregon, Ohio State, Georgia (who is 11-1 with a lone loss to Florida, who is out of playoff contention by virtue of being 10-3 after getting drilled by Alabama in the SEC championship game).

#1 Alabama vs. #4 Georgia in the Peach Bowl, and #2 Ohio State vs. #3 Oregon in the Fiesta Bowl.

Oregon outlasts Ohio State to win 34-31. In the Peach Bowl, Georgia and Alabama are in an epic back and forth and Bulldogs lead late in the 4th quarter, 24-21. Tua, while getting a sip of gatorade before coming back onto the field to start Alabama's final possession after a punt, trips over a divet in the artificial surface on the sideline and mildly sprains his throwing wrist attempting to stop his fall. After he badly misfires on the first throw, CNS decides to sub in Taulia who leads Alabama down the field and throws the game winning TD to Waddle with no time left on the clock and Alabama wins in a walk off, 27-24. Kirby collapses on the sidelines into a fetal position and can be heard mumbling "I'm sorry Dad" as Nick Saban walks back into the locker room. Alabama goes on to win the NC, beating Oregon in Nawlins, 52-27.

ALA2262

All-American
Aug 4, 2007
Cumming, GA
Bearcats beat UCLA and Ohio State - are undefeated and get some support for the CFP but get left out.
Ohio State beats Michigan again but Harbaugh still gets an extension (B1G's version of Gus)
Notre Dame loses to Georgia but still makes the CFP
Alabama, Clemson, Washington and Notre Dame make the CFP - Alabama wins #18.
If Cincinnati goes unbeaten, they will not only have beaten UCLA and Ohio State, they will have beaten UCF and Memphis twice. Twice in 8 days. 11/29 and 12/7.

With that said I will make my bold prediction. Memphis will be unbeaten when they play Cincinnati on Friday 11/29, in Memphis. Don't know if an unbeaten Cincinnati gets left out or not.

Last edited:

mlh

All-American
Apr 28, 2004
Trey Sanders makes good on his prediction and actually does win the Heisman.

CoachJeff

Suspended
Jan 21, 2014
Shelby County Alabama
It is officially game month. I did one of these last year and I came pretty close with picking Northwestern winning the B1G. Alright the rules are simple. Pick any bold predictions you want and we can look back in January and see if anybody actually got some right.

1. Clempson will lose 2 games.
2. Northwestern wins the B1G (beating Meeechigan).
3. Jalen and Tua will be in New York for the Heisman.
4. Jalen vs Tua for the national championship.
5. Army will be in a New Years 6.
6. Uga will not win the East but will be one of the 4 in the playoff.
None of those things will happen.

PA Tide Fan

All-American
Dec 11, 2014
Lancaster, PA
1. Syracuse upsets Clemson

2. Jalen Hurts gets benched at OU.

3. In the SECCG Kirby Smart decides to try another fake punt against Bama which fails again!

4. Bama plays (and beats!) Michigan in a Semi-Final playoff game causing Skip Bayless to apologize for calling Harbaugh the better coach.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.