Plain Trouble on "Da Plains" (all AU posts here)

sanjosecrimson

Hall of Fame
May 18, 2007
San Jose, California
The kid has a strong arm and a lot of potential. But he is a straight drop back pocket passer. I don't think he is a great fit for what Gus likes to do (besides find sneaky ways to take advantage of loopholes in the rules and lousy officiating, I mean). Having two very dissimilar quarterbacks is dangerous for a lot of reasons. Supposedly their O-line will be very good this year. I think they'd better be.

But the Fambly is going to put so much pressure on this poor kid. It won't be a week till someone on their board is explaining how he is actually better than Tua and Sunshine....
agreed on everything you posted. just a reminder, Sean White was supposedly their next great savior after winning MVP in the Elite 11. we all know how that turned out. the pressure will be immense!

Last edited:

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
agreed on everything you posted. just a reminder, Sean White was supposedly to be their next great savior after winning MVP in the Elite 11. we all know how that turned out. the pressure will be immense!
There's enough pressure to just try to play for a team like Alabama or Auburn, but Auburn sabotages these guys with crazy talk about winning Heismans before they take one snap. I've already seen where one person said he'll be the career leading yard producer since he's going to be their first true freshman to start since 1946. This prediction is setting him up to fail and it's assuming he never struggles. It's just unfair and, more importantly, unnecessary!

bamamc1

Hall of Fame
Oct 24, 2011
Haleyville, AL
There's enough pressure to just try to play for a team like Alabama or Auburn, but Auburn sabotages these guys with crazy talk about winning Heismans before they take one snap. I've already seen where one person said he'll be the career leading yard producer since he's going to be their first true freshman to start since 1946. This prediction is setting him up to fail and it's assuming he never struggles. It's just unfair and, more importantly, unnecessary!
Kind of like the “Boom Brothers” from a few years ago. “Just like nitro and glycerin “. lol

mlh

All-American
Apr 28, 2004
Bo Nix will be a good QB for AU. I don't know how well he'll do this year. But he has all the tools to be a very good college QB in time. He's a smart kid. He's been coached by a college QB who knows the game since he was big enough to hold a football in the back yard. And he is talented. Barring injury, he'll be their starter for the next three years and will (eventually) be a very good QB.

Cruiser

All-American
Sep 24, 2015
Yep. With Nix they are not going to be able to run the Marshall style offense. Nix is a very good passer (5* in HS) so I think they will throw it more than they typically do. This being his true freshman year I don't expect him to light it up but he is somebody we won't have to deal with big time in the future after Gus messes him up.
FIFY

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
They've got a good defense and a decent group of skill players. Nix will be as good as their OL though. A true freshman with a bad OL will play like his age.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
agreed on everything you posted. just a reminder, Sean White was supposedly their next great savior after winning MVP in the Elite 11. we all know how that turned out. the pressure will be immense!
Seems like Sean White may've had similar problems as Stephen Garcia from what I remember hearing.

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010
I was watching the SEC network this morning and the 2 talking heads made Nix sound like he was the second coming of Peyton Manning.
Barners are everywhere... :rolleyes:

He sounds like he is talented - but definitely picked the wrong school to develop for the next level... :cool2:

Last edited:

deliveryman35

Hall of Fame
Jul 26, 2003
Gadsden, AL
Re: Plain Trouble on "Da Plains" (all AU posts here)h

Auburn QB play had nothing to do with that game outcome. Absolutely nothing.
That was my point. Stidham had virtually no one to throw to that day and was erratic but still they beat us in the worst spread in over 40 years. Nix is a HUGE improvement at the position. Trust me, I’ve watched him in person.

Last edited:

CrimSonami

All-American
Jul 17, 2011
Ardmore, AL; too close to 10erC
Bo Nix will be a good QB for AU. I don't know how well he'll do this year. But he has all the tools to be a very good college QB in time. He's a smart kid. He's been coached by a college QB who knows the game since he was big enough to hold a football in the back yard. And he is talented. Barring injury, he'll be their starter for the next three years and will (eventually) be a very good QB.
/\
||
This.

Nix is a very talented kid with the right upbringing for a CFB-QB. I ain't passing judgement this season until I see the product and result after the A&M game.

tusks_n_raider

Hall of Fame
May 13, 2009
Mobile, AL
Reading through this, I feel like a lot are discounting Bo's running ability. He's a different type of runner than Gatewood, but he is a very mobile QB.
I'm sure I haven't watched his highlights/Tape anywhere near as much as the average AU fan..... but to me he looks to have upside along the lines of a McKenzie Milton or Baker Mayfield type QB.

By that I mean he looks very fluid and mobile in the pocket..... and out of it.... scrambling to buy time to make throws on the run.

I haven't seen any freakish runs like Kyler Murray or Lamar Jackson flashed frequently but again I haven't watched all his footage.

He no doubt has Talent.

AUDub

Hall of Fame
Dec 4, 2013
Give me ambiguity or give me something else.
I'm sure I haven't watched his highlights/Tape anywhere near as much as the average AU fan..... but to me he looks to have upside along the lines of a McKenzie Milton or Baker Mayfield type QB.

By that I mean he looks very fluid and mobile in the pocket..... and out of it.... scrambling to buy time to make throws on the run.

I haven't seen any freakish runs like Kyler Murray or Lamar Jackson flashed frequently but again I haven't watched all his footage.

He no doubt has Talent.
Yeah, he's certainly no Nick Marshall by any means, but he's no slouch in the running department and can run the full offense.

But his primary weapon is his arm, and it's a good one.

Think his biggest weakness is the fact that he's, well, a gunslinger. That's both a good and bad thing. He's like Favre in that regard, not afraid to take risks. He's going to throw some picks this year.

Last edited:

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
The Barn season will hinge on the 15 days from 9/21 through 10/5. On the road at aTm, home against the Bullies, and on the road in Gainesville.

If they make it through that, it’s at least a 10-11 win season. If they stumble, LSU, UGA and we await. FWIW, I expect the Barn to have only one loss headed into the LSU game. From there, Nix and the OL (and everyone else) will find out how mature they are.

TideWatcher

All-SEC
Dec 11, 2006
newton county, ms
I agree; watching his highlights he is borderline elite in speed. He runs away from people. Of course he hasn't played college game yet, but has some speed, no doubt. I honestly think he is going to be very good. He has all the tools, including the mental aspect of the game. Too bad he is at the barn.
Reading through this, I feel like a lot are discounting Bo's running ability. He's a different type of runner than Gatewood, but he is a very mobile QB.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
I don't see how we could not. We have not seen him play one play against a college defense. Those who expect him to be a good runner w/o seeing him play against a college defense yet are the ones who need to check themselves. He may be Manziel or Hurts but........

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.