Bama Game Thread: Official Postgame Thread Bama vs. USCe...

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Mountainous Northern California
It's more like extending traffic light laws to include tickets for running yellow lights too. "Well it's almost red anyways and it's easily avoidable if you just push the brakes earlier."

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Well, I guess it's the new reality. If that's the new rule I hope it is enforced consistently. Get ready for even higher scoring games.

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
We've got work to do, but i'm not pinning that last drive on the team. That was almost all backup defenders, and Carolina was still trying to score. It's a means for the backups to learn, but I'm not counting those stats as something to be concerned about.

And as Gary said 30 times during the game, South Carolina ran up a bunch of points and yards on Clemson last year and that wasn't a harbinger of anything negative for Clemson.

Our offense is dynamite. Yeah, the running game is completely passive at this point, but this is a generational combination of QB and WR talent. They've got to be unleashed.

Freshmen starting on defense looked like freshmen today. They will get better and better.

I hope the guys that had injuries are ok for the long haul.

Above all... Keep Tua and those WRs upright.

WMack4Bama

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 7, 2008
Tuscaloosa, AL
- Hubert Owens with the dagger right through my heart. For entertainment purposes, I took Bama -25.5. All the expletives.
- Not enough dogs on our defense. Just mean nasty dudes that I can always count on to make a play. I count 2 (33 & 15) and a possible (24)
- Very concerning that now when a RB runs into the teeth of our defensive line that (at worst) he falls forward for 3 yards whereas it USED to be when they ran in there they would (at best) be stopped for no gain.
- Need to see more of Barmore. I love what he gave when he came in. It was a bad PF call, I thought. But we definitely have to start rotating in more guys along the defensive line so that maybe we have a fresh and competent 2 deep by homecoming.
- Although he could probably never eclipse his biggest moment, this was easily Smitty's best complete game he's had here. I'm so happy for him as he often gets overlooked in that crowded WR room.
- I'm also concerned with the lack of physicality and the lack of push from our C position. I'll leave it at that. I'd get fined for the rest of my life if I commented further on that.
- I like 8 better than I do any of the young LBs. I hope he isn't discouraged by being pulled for 10 some this game.
- In closing, I think history will be very kind to this team, because I think come December, the team will be completely jelled and near its full potential and nobody will remember this relative egg that our defense laid today.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
Good road SEC win. From the OL, to the RB's to the defense. It appears these groups are playing very hesitant. They are playing slow and I know they're aren't slow. This tells me there's still a lot of learning going on. There's three freshman on defense. That's a big deal. The OL is definitely a work in progress. They aren't moving together as a unit. They're moving as individual parts leaving gaps (not running lanes) in the LOS that defensive linemen continue to get penetration. I still think it is a good thing for us to struggle early, unlike last season. We need the struggle in order for these guys to improve and develop. As I said in the game thread. We're going to have to be patient with this team. A lot of chemistry on both sides of the ball has to be developed. I think it will come.

Padreruf

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2001
Charleston, South Carolina
Great game... congratulations to Tua... defense was a little shaky between the thirties but forced field goals instead of TDS. Ref scored the last TD as it should be our ball after a failed fourth and four... Gary will be discussing how a guy should have scored with his knee down the rest of the year. Oh well was happy with the W overall we have a very young team due to injuries hopefully they grow up... kudos to S.C. QB he is the real deal he is a force to be reckoned with... btw the way did I miss it but didn’t we play in Columbia last time? I thought we played home and home with everyone???
Yes, we did...don't understand this either.

BTW, I thought our OL played much, much better except for the 2nd series -- obviously. They gave us the short pass and stacked the box...so we took what we had available.

TexasBama

TideFans Legend
Jan 15, 2000
Houston, Texas USA
I hope Brown coming back in a couple of weeks helps the Oline play. Lack of a run game is concerning but part of it was scheme. The defense did not tackle well. Some of the defensive issues was being on the field a lot - 86 plays - which partly correlates to the lack of a run game. We seemed to run a lot of 4 wide, and didn't disguise runs very well out of it. A win is a win, though

WMack4Bama

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 7, 2008
Tuscaloosa, AL
I hope Brown coming back in a couple of weeks helps the Oline play. Lack of a run game is concerning but part of it was scheme. The defense did not tackle well. Some of the defensive issues was being on the field a lot - 86 plays - which partly correlates to the lack of a run game. We seemed to run a lot of 4 wide, and didn't disguise runs very well out of it. A win is a win, though
Each passing week, the pressure for him to be Will Shields when he returns mounts higher & higher. LOL

daddybama1

BamaNation Citizen
Nov 10, 2018
YES...our Defense along with the obvious struggles on the OL must improve before we get a UGA or Clempson or LSU...and thank goodness we have time to improve...but my O my gosh, our short passing game, Tua's nearly pinpoint accuracy, the quickness in which he fakes then throws the toward the sideline, and the game changing SPEED of our WR's...best i've ever seen...

The defense has a lot of work to do. The D gave up 459 total yards, including 324 yards through the air. The Defense also gave up 4.7 yards per carry on the ground. Those are some disconcerting stats.

Ledsteplin

Hall of Fame
Nov 20, 2013
Florence, Alabama
An SEC win is always good on the road. Tua was 28 of 36 for 444 yards and 5 touchdowns and no interceptions. He now holds the school record for number of games with 4 or more touchdown passes.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.