Game Thread: NLDS: Atlanta Braves @ St Louis Cardinals Game 3 (Series tied 1-1)

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Yes!!! Cannot believe that 9th inning.

Looked like Acuna did a throat slash after he caught the last out. Hope I am wrong. Don't have my DVR.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
So snit has a huge decision to make for who he trots out for game 4.

I think this is one of those games that almost counts for 2 wins. The Braves got a lot of confidence winning it that way, and the Cards are going to be in desperation mode going forward.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
I know that we need him, but I would bench him. He needs to learn that he is not more important than the game.
He is Andrew Jones 2.0, but the only difference is Andrew found out quick that he was replaceable. I don’t think Snitker can, unless he feels Duvall is a guy that he can use as a starter for game 4.

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
He is Andrew Jones 2.0, but the only difference is Andrew found out quick that he was replaceable. I don’t think Snitker can, unless he feels Duvall is a guy that he can use as a starter for game 4.
I have heard Andruw on the radio a few times and he said he learned real quick he needed them more than they needed him. Jones has said he needs to be sat more than one game for it to sink in.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Maybe prisoner of the moment but I would say that was probably the 2nd or 3rd best Braves post season moment non WS behind the pirates game. This was so improbable in how it happened

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
Maybe prisoner of the moment but I would say that was probably the 2nd or 3rd best Braves post season moment non WS behind the pirates game. This was so improbable in how it happened
I agree. I was sure it was over and was already conceding Game 4 as well. The only difference between that Pirates win and this one is when I yelled this time I did not wake anyone up.

Now I am going to watch my Chiefs win too.

Last edited:

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
One of the more mind boggling things is them walking McCann to get to Dansby. If I have the tying run on 3rd, 2 outs, and top of the 9th I would rather face the struggling power hitter over the hottest hitter on their lineup. Lefty righty matchup be damned.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Good lord, I thought Alabama and AJC beat writers were cruel...

It’s agonizing to even think of Adam Wainwright’s agony.

It’s got to be in there, somewhere. Under the forgiveness and the perpetual optimism and the perspective, surely there just a big ol’ chunk of agony, right? On Sunday, he pitched the game of his life. At 38. Against his childhood team. In the playoffs. He was an artist and painted a Monet, only to watch Carlos Martinez throw a cup of water on it.

But Wainwright didn’t show any postgame agony. He’s too classy. He’s really an amazing human, when you think about it. He handled this better than most of us would. Asked about Martinez, he said he’ll give him “a big ol’ hug. And Carlos will be ready tomorrow. . . . Let’s hope one moment doesn’t define his season, because I’d like to see him get another chance.”
He won’t say it, but I will. Carlos and the Cardinals let Wainwright down. They blew it for their beloved old pitcher. He deserved better. The fans deserved better. And now, after a 3-1 home loss Sunday to the Braves, the Cards’ season can end on Monday in Game 4 of a National League Division Series.

[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Tahoma,Calibri,Geneva,sans-serif]https://www.stltoday.com/sports/columns/benjamin-hochman/hochman-wainwright-deserved-better-from-carlos-and-offense-in-gut/article_a62d9d2d-c619-5123-8f22-e98a649bfaf5.html[/FONT]

BamaNation

Publisher and Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Apr 9, 1999
Silicon Slopes
TideFans.com

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Let’s hope there is Weeping weeping and gnashing of teeth by the Cardinals later today

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
One of my best friends is an obnoxious cardinals fan, and has always given me hell for the 2012 and 2000 postseason meetings. I don't really have any ties to Atlanta as a city, but always have been a Braves fan. But he continually calls Atlanta a dump of a city even though he has never been there. I have found that Cardinals fans really hate the Braves for some reason even though the two teams rarely play. You would've thought them and the Phils and Dodgers would be higher on their hate list than Atlanta, but it isn't. It got to the point where I kinda forced myself to be a temporary Phillies, Nats, and Sox fan. He got very chirpy on Face Book after Game 1, but has been silent since Friday. I just hope we win today where I can say that we won in yall's dump to him.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
One of my best friends is an obnoxious cardinals fan, and has always given me hell for the 2012 and 2000 postseason meetings. I don't really have any ties to Atlanta as a city, but always have been a Braves fan. But he continually calls Atlanta a dump of a city even though he has never been there. I have found that Cardinals fans really hate the Braves for some reason even though the two teams rarely play. You would've thought them and the Phils and Dodgers would be higher on their hate list than Atlanta, but it isn't. It got to the point where I kinda forced myself to be a temporary Phillies, Nats, and Sox fan. He got very chirpy on Face Book after Game 1, but has been silent since Friday. I just hope we win today where I can say that we won in yall's dump to him.
Pretty much all of my friends who are MLB fans are either Yankee or Cardinal fans. I have heard from them all congratulating me for the Braves making the playoffs again, then consoling me before the first pitches are thrown in any series for our inevitable defeat. Yeah, I really hope that we take this series.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Pretty much all of my friends who are MLB fans are either Yankee or Cardinal fans. I have heard from them all congratulating me for the Braves making the playoffs again, then consoling me before the first pitches are thrown in any series for our inevitable defeat. Yeah, I really hope that we take this series.
Yeah I just desperately want a playoff series win, and it would be icing on the cake if it was against the Cards.

As for the Yankee fans, I dont know alot of them, but I met one arrogant one Friday. I ref highschool football, and in this particular school (not going to say names for some obious reasons) we had our changing room in that team's training room.I had to be there at 5:30 and Game 2 was on, so I was watching it on my phone while changing. Well one of the assistant coaches came in and saw I was watching it, and said "I don't know why any Alabamian would follow the Braves instead of a blue blood program like the Yankees" Then he went on and on about how this is the Yankees year, and how he wished the Braves were good enough to have the honor of getting swept by the Yankees.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.