What are you listening to (Music)

Status
Not open for further replies.

gtowntide

All-American
Mar 1, 2011
Memphis,TN.
We went to see Bob Seger last week here in Memphis and he was a good as ever. I saw him several times over the years and always enjoyed his concerts! His voice is still strong for his age. If you're a fan and get the chance, go see him!

Go Bama

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
16outa17essee
We went to see Bob Seger last week here in Memphis and he was a good as ever. I saw him several times over the years and always enjoyed his concerts! His voice is still strong for his age. If you're a fan and get the chance, go see him!
My hygienist went to that concert and said he was fantastic. If I could pick a voice to have Seger's would be the one.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
This one is my latest fav. of his.......

Nice compilation of family photos.

From the video notes:

...Dedicated to my sister Marget Lee (Pettersen) Menchofer. 3/10/1942-7/20/2010. She brightened the lives of everyone that ever knew her...depettersen.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
The Joe Walsh vid I posted reminds me of this one where Jim Keer (Simple Minds) talks about getting out into nature to provide inspiration.

He was once married to Chrissie Hynde and later to Patsy Kensit, ya know......lucky bloke!

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
Char - the Japanese guitarist- is the one (I think) that does all the great Jeff Beck covers.

[video=youtube;ph1GU1qQ1zQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=85&v=ph1GU1qQ1zQ[/video]

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011

1977, Venice Beach , Calif. . Dennis Wilson, drummer for the Beach Boys. Graphic Designer Dean Torrance of Jan and Dean had called me to shoot some photos for Dennis Wilson's new solo album Pacific Ocean Blue. Just today I found three long lost images from this photo shoot. I went online and read about his dramatic and traumatic life. My glimpse of him was the opposite. He greeted me with " Wow , you're the surf photographer ! " He was the only one of the group who understood the feeling of riding a wave on a surfboard. We went for a cruise around Venice in his VW van with his new album up loud on the 8 track and him looking back at me wanting to know what I thought, did I really like it, trying to fathom if I was just " yes manning " him. We pulled into a couple of those short dead ends on the beach front. Each time within minutes people recognized him and would start to gather or shout out compliments. We never stayed long. There were no fatties, rails or booze. He was steady , calm, stoked and seemed truly excited about his new album. I took some shots on his beloved yacht but he first made me promise not to publish the name of the boat. Rest in Peace. ©jeffdivine

UAH

All-American
Nov 27, 2017

1977, Venice Beach , Calif. . Dennis Wilson, drummer for the Beach Boys. Graphic Designer Dean Torrance of Jan and Dean had called me to shoot some photos for Dennis Wilson's new solo album Pacific Ocean Blue. Just today I found three long lost images from this photo shoot. I went online and read about his dramatic and traumatic life. My glimpse of him was the opposite. He greeted me with " Wow , you're the surf photographer ! " He was the only one of the group who understood the feeling of riding a wave on a surfboard. We went for a cruise around Venice in his VW van with his new album up loud on the 8 track and him looking back at me wanting to know what I thought, did I really like it, trying to fathom if I was just " yes manning " him. We pulled into a couple of those short dead ends on the beach front. Each time within minutes people recognized him and would start to gather or shout out compliments. We never stayed long. There were no fatties, rails or booze. He was steady , calm, stoked and seemed truly excited about his new album. I took some shots on his beloved yacht but he first made me promise not to publish the name of the boat. Rest in Peace. ©jeffdivine
Netflix 2019 movie Echo In The Canyon is an interesting story of the music that developed in California following the arrival of the Beatles. Some very nice music with stories from some of the survivors of that period.

Go Bama

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
16outa17essee

Very cool story, Bazza.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.