Not open for further replies.

Go Bama

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
16outa17essee
https://www.cnn.com/2019/11/18/politics/trump-ecigarette-flavor-ban/index.html
​Trump Backs Off Ban fo E-cigarettes
He is a sociopath.

A Trump campaign adviser told CNN's Jim Acosta that Trump's political aides, including campaign manager Brad Parscale, have warned him that such a ban may not be helpful with his base and that he should reconsider. Trump was persuaded by advisers to back off the proposal during a November 4 flight to a political rally in Kentucky, the Times said. Following the conversation with advisers, the newspaper reported that Trump canceled the administration's planned announcement that was scheduled for the next day

Go Bama

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
16outa17essee
He is, but thank goodness he backed off of that ill-conceived policy.
My understanding is that the vitamin E acetate in the menthol flavored e-cigs is causing a mustard gas type response to the lungs.

You know more about this than I do. Why do you not favor immediate removal of these flavored vapes?

Bamaro

TideFans Legend
Oct 19, 2001
Jacksonville, Md USA
From what I have heard, Trump has known cholesterol problems and is on Crestor. The speculation is that he may have been having another CT scan for coronary calcium (calcium score) to track progression of that disease.
Just informed speculation though.

Last edited:

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Mountainous Northern California
My understanding is that the vitamin E acetate in the menthol flavored e-cigs is causing a mustard gas type response to the lungs.

You know more about this than I do. Why do you not favor immediate removal of these flavored vapes?

Multiple reasons. At least 80% of cases of EVALI (e-cigarette or vaping related lung injury) involve mostly illicit market THC vapes adulterated with vitamin E acetate, which is used as a cutting agent to make the product "go further" (or put another way to increase profit). That's what they can prove or has been admitted to by users. None of the legally sold vaping products tested have this ingredient.

Given that no known legal product has this ingredient banning them for this reason makes no sense and besides, it is much easier to just ban vitamin E acetate in them.

Given that I subscribe to the harm reduction philosophy over any other failed one and that many people have reduced or stopped smoking with the help of these products (including yours truly - pink lemonade was a favorite and when I tried to smoke it tasted terrible and I never tried to smoke another cigarette again) banning them makes no sense, even if minors are purchasing them illegally (which they do). But they also purchase alcohol, cigarettes, cannabis, meth, and lots of other things illegally so how is outlawing the illegal going to get them to stop?

Here's a USA today article on the subject. It has some good info but isn't complete. All I have time for now.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news...-vape-additive-no-regulations-cdc/2569828001/

Go Bama

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
16outa17essee
Multiple reasons. At least 80% of cases of EVALI (e-cigarette or vaping related lung injury) involve mostly illicit market THC vapes adulterated with vitamin E acetate, which is used as a cutting agent to make the product "go further" (or put another way to increase profit). That's what they can prove or has been admitted to by users. None of the legally sold vaping products tested have this ingredient.

Given that no known legal product has this ingredient banning them for this reason makes no sense and besides, it is much easier to just ban vitamin E acetate in them.

Given that I subscribe to the harm reduction philosophy over any other failed one and that many people have reduced or stopped smoking with the help of these products (including yours truly - pink lemonade was a favorite and when I tried to smoke it tasted terrible and I never tried to smoke another cigarette again) banning them makes no sense, even if minors are purchasing them illegally (which they do). But they also purchase alcohol, cigarettes, cannabis, meth, and lots of other things illegally so how is outlawing the illegal going to get them to stop?

Here's a USA today article on the subject. It has some good info but isn't complete. All I have time for now.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news...-vape-additive-no-regulations-cdc/2569828001/
Gotcha. Excellent post. Thank you.

Bamaro

TideFans Legend
Oct 19, 2001
Jacksonville, Md USA
WASHINGTON – President Donald Trump's order to withdraw U.S. troops from Syria in October provided the Islamic State an opening to rebuild itself, giving the terrorist group "time and space" to target the West, according to a Pentagon report released Tuesday.

The Defense Intelligence Agency told the Pentagon's inspector general that the Islamic State, also known as ISIS, has taken advantage of the U.S. withdrawal and Turkey's subsequent incursion into Syria. Trump's decision prompted strong bipartisan criticism for removing military pressure on the Islamic State and leaving Kurdish forces that had worked with U.S. troops to roll back gains made by the terrorists.
"ISIS exploited the Turkish incursion and subsequent drawdown of U.S. troops to reconstitute capabilities and resources within Syria and strengthen its ability to plan attacks abroad," the Pentagon's inspector general said in the report.
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/worl...ws-isis-to-rebuild/ar-BBX0qB9?ocid=spartanntp

Status
Not open for further replies.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.