Who are Bama Fans now Rooting For in the SEC Championship Game?

DrollTide

All-SEC
Oct 18, 2008
Hunts Patch
If LSU were to get BEAT very BAD in the Playoffs, would that HURT their RECRUITING? Here's hoping.

There is NO way that I would pull for JawJa!!!!!!! I do believe that LSU will beat Jawja in the SECCG. Then, maybe UU will win it ALL if they get past Oregon. If UU loses, then winner of OU vs Baylor will be in playoffs.

Well Clemson has had an easy schedule to keep everyone HEALTHY. And Dabo is saying NO ONE wants them in the playoffs. So, those Tigers are in reality under-DOGS according to Dabo and are being disrespected by everyone.

Best team, I think, in the playoffs! tOSU.
My thoughts exactly.

Evil Crimson Dragon

Hall of Fame
Feb 4, 2018
Marietta, GA
I live in Georgia so will pull for LSU even though I don't really care for them either. Both teams are hurting Bama's recruiting.

If one or both make it to the playoffs, I hope they both get beaten by at least 20 points. Then I want Clemson to get beat because I don't want Dabo catching up with Saban with the championship trophies.

I will pull for Ohio State for the NC. I don't like or dislike them (but I do like you BIG ) :) but want them to win because of the other teams in the playoffs. Would be funny to see Justin Fields beat both UGA and LSU since there is a storyline with the QB's.
Honestly, i will pull for LSU as well....... then I hope they get smoked in the playoffs........ they wish the same for us, so I will return the favor

Go Bama

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
16outa17essee
I’m not watching the SECCG. No interest. I’ll watch the other conference championship games. I despise Oklahoma, Clemson, LSU, and Georgia so it looks like I’m all in with tOSU. Go Buckeyes.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
How many LSU fans do you know? :smile:

LOL, they're both pretty bad. It's too bad there's not a loophole where there's not an SEC title game this year. I'm still burned about the way LSU thought they had the national title won after they beat us -- although I guess that's kind of a compliment to us -- and I'm still also burned about Kirby saying it was Georgia's "turn." I wasn't aware we took "turns;" I thought it was the hard work our coaches and players put in that won our national championships.
I know a lot of LSU fans and can say without a shadow of a doubt that they are nowhere near as bad as UGA fans. Yeah they get mouthy when they think they have something, but UGA fans would make you believe that Atlanta is the best city in the world and that they invented football. LSU fans will go back to their hole when things go back to normal, but UGA fans will still be jackasses.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
Ideally, Virginia beats Clemson, Georgia beats LSU, Oregon beats Utah, Baylor beats OU, and Wisky beats OSU this weekend. THAT would be fun to watch the fallout...

:biggrin:

Realistically, LSU will likely boat-race UGA, OSU and Clemson will both win, and someone will sneak in as the #4 (to be throttled by LSU or OSU in the first round of the CFP). Clemson and OSU have much better defenses than LSU along with offenses that are similar in ability.

I'm guessing the championship game will be OSU vs Clemson with OSU winning it all.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
I like B1G as much as the next person - but why are people saying they will root for Ohio State - when they're not even playing in this game?

Man - that's some corndog/leghumper HATE right there! :p

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
I like B1G as much as the next person - but why are people saying they will root for Ohio State - when they're not even playing in this game?

Stay in your lane bro. When y’all get back to prominence this site will be full blown GATER HATER mode again. ;)

Buckeyes are the one team outside of the Utes that we don’t feel like taking a shower after cheering for them.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net

Natural extension of the discussion. Season doesn't end after next weekend.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
Stay in your lane bro. When y’all get back to prominence this site will be full blown GATER HATER mode again. ;)

Buckeyes are the one team outside of the Utes that we don’t feel like taking a shower after cheering for them.
Natural extension of the discussion. Season doesn't end after next weekend.
Hey, I wasn't complaining - I just thought it was funny.

I'm on board with it too, BTW.

:p

RammerJammer15

All-American
Sep 9, 2012
#NeverClemson
#NeverUGA
#NeverLSU

LSU and Clemson specifically needs to be humbled and I hope Chase Young can humble them.

crimson fan man

Hall of Fame
Aug 12, 2002
Athens Al
I'm like many on this board I don't like lsu or georgia. I will be pulling for ohio st to win it all. Nobody is perfect but overall they seem to have a quality team and Coach. I am saying this because I haven't personally heard anything bad about him.

Power Eye

All-SEC
Aug 3, 2005
If Oklahoma gets in the playoff then I'm pulling for Jalen. He still makes me smile when I think about that SECCG. Otherwise, I will be pulling for Ohio St. I will say this about Ohio St, and more specifically Justin Fields. He has not faced a defense that can really put pressure on him and it will be interesting to see how he will respond when that happens, and I'm guessing it does in the semis against Clemson. Ohio St will remain #1 this week, but I think LSU will win by two scores against UGA and will get bumped to #1 by the final rankings. I thought they might have peaked against us, but it doesn't appear so.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
Obviously, I'd rather have a different option who to root for - like everyone else here.

But since that is not an option - and if I had to choose one - it would be LSU - because a loss for Georgia would benefit Florida more than a loss for LSU, since Georgia is in our division.

I would think the same logic would apply to you all. An LSU loss would benefit Alabama more than a Georgia loss (setting aside the disdain for Kirby).

It may not be a huge negative impact - but it's the only way I can find some measure of logic in what I otherwise consider to be an exercise in futility....:rolleye2:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.