Ole Miss: Matt Luke Reportedly Fired @ Ole Miss

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
Well sanctions are over. Probation is not far behind. So the next coach will get The Program to assist him.

Power Eye

All-SEC
Aug 3, 2005
I feel sorry for Matt Luke. A lifelong Rebel who got promoted to a no-win situation and then gets fired from the school that he loves. He's their version of Mike Shula, but Shula didn't have a fraction of the passion that Luke has for Ole Miss. It will be interesting to see where he lands.

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL
Just wondering if the “p*ss and miss” on Thursday played a role in Luke’s ouster? Twice in three years in the Egg Bowl the same stunt get pulled by an Ole Miss player. Certainly gives the impression he had little, if any, control of this team.

It may have been in the works already. What is strange is that you didn’t hear much speculation as to him being “on the hot seat”. It seemed it most circles that a fourth year was almost assured.

I’m sure the way the Egg Bowl ended didn’t help. May have only reinforced the idea among the PTB in Oxford Luke was in over his head.

bamacon

Hall of Fame
Apr 11, 2008
College Football's Mecca, Tuscaloosa
Just wondering if the “p*ss and miss” on Thursday played a role in Luke’s ouster? Twice in three years in the Egg Bowl the same stunt get pulled by an Ole Miss player. Certainly gives the impression he had little, if any, control of this team.

It may have been in the works already. What is strange is that you didn’t hear much speculation as to him being “on the hot seat”. It seemed it most circles that a fourth year was almost assured.

I’m sure the way the Egg Bowl ended didn’t help. May have only reinforced the idea among the PTB in Oxford Luke was in over his head.
Well I won’t throw any shade at him when I see Bama Seniors acting like inexperienced freshmen in the biggest game of the year.

From what I’ve heard this was a big surprise and especially so for the players. Seems like there is a bunch of up and coming coaches who are throwing their names out there and that is why some schools are getting into the fray. What’s that 3 and maybe 4 SEC openings already. I also think UK may open if FSU makes a run at Stoops. Vandy and USCe might be open too.

FitToBeTide

All-American
Aug 19, 2001
St. Florian
Seems some Ole Siss fans aren't entirely distraught over the Miss Take loss. They're thinking the door was kicked open because of it to fire Coach Luke and get a better coach. Shame, as he seemed an ok guy, and ex-player who loved his school. Legacy coaches don't always work out, as we well know.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.