I thank you for your prayers, if you would.

jashleyren2

1st Team
Aug 27, 2018
Went to the ER on Monday with very sharp pains in my head. CT and MRI confirmed that I have a tumor on my auditory nerve, right at my brain. I've had virtually no hearing in that right ear for YEARS, and I've learned to live with that, as the left ear is just fine. Just can't have any sweet things whispering in my right ear. Especially if my wife is nearby :D

I will have surgery on December 12, to remove it, hopefully. UAB will be doing the surgery, and I trust them wholeheartedly. My family is as nervous as I am, particularly my 10 year old little girl, and I'm sure my 20 year old daughter is too. They have been blessing me with hugs and love since finding out. My momma, my sister, and my brother in law, all of them, have been blessing me with visits and check-ins. It helps so much. I have fear, but I'm trying to push it way down. Doctors don't seem too concerned about the possibility of cancer, but it is a slim possibility nonetheless.

Prayers to Jesus for healing and strength are helping too. He doesn't let me down, in those moments of weakness. At the moment I'm typing this, Sweet Home Alabama is playing on my phone, and it lifts my spirits. Some potent pharmaceuticals are helping too.

I just wanted to share, with a crowd of people I only know here, and to ask you to say a small prayer, if you will. I thank you. And I hope for all of you to have good health as we head to the end of 2019, and the end of the college football season. And I hate Auburn. :D

gtowntide

All-American
Mar 1, 2011
Memphis,TN.
We will pray for you and your family. It sounds like you've got good support and a good attitude and both of those are so important. We'll pray for your complete recovery. God bless you!

Reactions: NationalTitles18

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
Went to the ER on Monday with very sharp pains in my head. CT and MRI confirmed that I have a tumor on my auditory nerve, right at my brain. I've had virtually no hearing in that right ear for YEARS, and I've learned to live with that, as the left ear is just fine. Just can't have any sweet things whispering in my right ear. Especially if my wife is nearby :D

I will have surgery on December 12, to remove it, hopefully. UAB will be doing the surgery, and I trust them wholeheartedly. My family is as nervous as I am, particularly my 10 year old little girl, and I'm sure my 20 year old daughter is too. They have been blessing me with hugs and love since finding out. My momma, my sister, and my brother in law, all of them, have been blessing me with visits and check-ins. It helps so much. I have fear, but I'm trying to push it way down. Doctors don't seem too concerned about the possibility of cancer, but it is a slim possibility nonetheless.

Prayers to Jesus for healing and strength are helping too. He doesn't let me down, in those moments of weakness. At the moment I'm typing this, Sweet Home Alabama is playing on my phone, and it lifts my spirits. Some potent pharmaceuticals are helping too.

I just wanted to share, with a crowd of people I only know here, and to ask you to say a small prayer, if you will. I thank you. And I hope for all of you to have good health as we head to the end of 2019, and the end of the college football season. And I hate Auburn. :D
i went through a very similar thing 5 years ago with a surprise brain tumor diagnosis when i had been having what i thought were persistent sinus infections for months. thankfully, it was benign and it was in (relatively) easy to get to location. the thought of brain surgery is nerve wracking for sure. i was in the hospital for 3 nights and within a couple of days after getting home, i was able to go take short walks throughout the day in between my pain med sleep. god's peace to you and your family and feel free to pm me if i can help with anything.

Reactions: NationalTitles18

BamaNation

Publisher and Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Apr 9, 1999
Silicon Slopes
TideFans.com

Know that many, many folks are praying right now for successful surgery and full healing. Prayers for your family, as well! Once you're able, let us know you're ok.

And you're correct.... S.N.A.S.S.

Toddrn

All-American
Nov 29, 2006
Woodstock, Ga
I to just read your post. I pray that surgery went well and you are at home getting ready to celebrate one of the two greatest events in the history of man. The birth of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. Merry Christmas and Roll Tide!!!!!!!!!

jashleyren2

1st Team
Aug 27, 2018
Just a follow up to all who shared a prayer for me and my family. Surgery went as it should on December 12. Although I wasn't awake for it, 12 hours under anesthesia is a very long time. The physicians at UAB are on their game, for sure. After only 3 days in the hospital afterwards, I returned home with my wife and my 2 daughters. Our prayers have so far been answered. I believe that God in heaven has more for me to do here in this life, in His name, and He watched over me during the that process. I am grateful to all of you as well. My recovery is going well, but I don't take it for granted. It was the prayer of hundreds of friends and family lifting me up, and God working his miracle through the surgeons at UAB, which pulled me through. Merry Christmas, Happy New Year, and thank you, to you all.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.