2020 Prospect: **** 4* OLB Demouy Kennedy Commits to Bama ****

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
I actually heard from someone down there that injury frequency here is being talked about with him by LSU staff. If true sounds dirty to me but it may not be against the rules.
Dude, rules? You're kidding, right?

Saban4Ever

All-American
Sep 27, 2016
Cobb County GA
Other than Bryce Young, who would be the 1 recruit Bama just cannot miss on and needs the most? Someone on defense I assume.

Demouy Kennedy or someone else like Timothy Smith? Just curious. I want them all . :) I think Kennedy would be on top of the list.

tidefanbeezer

All-American
Sep 25, 2006
Atlanta, GA
I actually heard from someone down there that injury frequency here is being talked about with him by LSU staff. If true sounds dirty to me but it may not be against the rules.
How would it be dirty? They are simply pointing out what has been widely reported - Bama has had bad injury luck, particularly at LB, over the last couple of years.

deliveryman35

Hall of Fame
Jul 26, 2003
Gadsden, AL
Other than Bryce Young, who would be the 1 recruit Bama just cannot miss on and needs the most? Someone on defense I assume.

Demouy Kennedy or someone else like Timothy Smith? Just curious. I want them all . :) I think Kennedy would be on top of the list.
How would it be dirty? They are simply pointing out what has been widely reported - Bama has had bad injury luck, particularly at LB, over the last couple of years.

Point taken. As long as it was discussed strictly in a general sense.

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
Early on, I joked about this being a concern in recruiting ( " Go to Alabama and have a better than average chance to be seriously injured " ). It may be that it wasn`t something to joke about at all. It does not surprise me a whit that somebody would be saying, " Well, they do seem to get a lot of people hurt down there.... , just take a look at this list from the last couple of years. Just sayin..."

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Early on, I joked about this being a concern in recruiting ( " Go to Alabama and have a better than average chance to be seriously injured " ). It may be that it wasn`t something to joke about at all. It does not surprise me a whit that somebody would be saying, " Well, they do seem to get a lot of people hurt down there.... , just take a look at this list from the last couple of years. Just sayin..."
Frankly, you don't want a single player that is worried about getting injured. Not a one. You cannot play this game with that in the back of your mind.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
Again, we look at our injuries under a microscope without knowing what is going on at other schools. It happens at other places also and this is not a tactic schools use IMO. Here is a link showing injuries for all schools and we have three year ending injuries on the report and it appears quite a few have as many if not more.

Dnelly_7RTR

Scout Team
Dec 9, 2019
High school kids these days train for football year round so most of these guys have chronic injuries prior to getting to college. So one they got that 4th quarter program those fractures and minor injuries become exposed. Back in the old days kids didn’t get injured as much because they wasn’t playing and getting in traumatic situations before college. For most it was jamboree and the football season that was it. Then you had to go work in your parents yard or farm or something.

Reactions: Con

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Trenton. Simpson, 5-star linebacker from Charlotte Mallard Creek, announces he’s going Dabo’ing.
He was all Clemson all along. Not sure who actually believed he was going to UNC. Also not sure why this belongs in the Kennedy thread as he never considered Alabama.

Reactions: Con

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.