Delayed announcement

Guido

All-SEC
Feb 24, 2017
Saban said there are a couple of guys who signed but there announcement is being delayed. Anybody have a theory of who these mystery men are?

Guido

All-SEC
Feb 24, 2017
Jones, George and Burroughs are the 3 that did not sign, are we talking about one of these guys or is there a mystery man ? I know there might be grade issues with a couple of these guys.

Last edited:

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
Jones, George and Burroughs are the 3 that did not sign, are we talking about one of these guys or is there a mystery man ? I know there might be grade issues with a couple of these guys.
All three have to work on grades. I think Washington is headed somewhere. I was confused yesterday when Saban said he had few players but would wait to let them announce. I really thought we had Burch.

Blindside17

Suspended
Aug 13, 2019
Phenix City, AL
Jones, George and Burroughs are the 3 that did not sign, are we talking about one of these guys or is there a mystery man ?
Just from what I have see in different threads.
Jones could be a flip to GT because they are offering him on the side of the ball he wants to be on, Burroughs and Baker at one point were having qualifying issues but they seem to be headed in the right direction. Nothing has been mentioned about George to my knowledge.

Saban4Ever

All-American
Sep 27, 2016
Cobb County GA
Well one obvious one is certainly Washington since I belive he did sign yesterday with someone.
I was looking at another Bama site and someone posted this: "Rodney Orr on Ryan Fowler's radio show said that Darnell Washington was on the phone with Bama late last night".

This was posted today around 10:30am. I thought it was interesting. Don't know how Rodney Orr would know that or if it is true, or even what it means. Once a players signs the LOI, coaches are not allowed to contact them, right?

I want to think this is a positive sign that he did sign with Bama, but am not getting my hopes up.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
I was looking at another Bama site and someone posted this: "Rodney Orr on Ryan Fowler's radio show said that Darnell Washington was on the phone with Bama late last night".

This was posted today around 10:30am. I thought it was interesting. Don't know how Rodney Orr would know that or if it is true, or even what it means. Once a players signs the LOI, coaches are not allowed to contact them, right?

I want to think this is a positive sign that he did sign with Bama, but am not getting my hopes up.
He could just have been notifying Alabama that he has signed elsewhere. No way to be sure, but it offers hope.

Saban4Ever

All-American
Sep 27, 2016
Cobb County GA
All three have to work on grades. I think Washington is headed somewhere. I was confused yesterday when Saban said he had few players but would wait to let them announce. I really thought we had Burch.
Didn't Burch announce to South Carolina but never turned in is LOI? Does that mean coaches can still contact him if he hasn't signed?

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
Could this indicate "someone" who is an out of state, "hometown hero" but wants to put off the suffering of having to hear it from the locals as long as possible? I don't' keep up with recruiting enough to know "who" that could be.

• Haha
Reactions: The Ols

Blindside17

Suspended
Aug 13, 2019
Phenix City, AL

Washington is the only kid I can think of that Bama is involved with that fits the bill signed now announcing later. There certainly could be a surprise out there. Of course one or more of the 4 committed kids could have signed and just waiting to announce later for some reason but I don't really think that is the case. The only other kid that comes to mind would be Burch if he did indeed not sign.

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover
I just do not think Burch, a hometown kid, would verbal for USCe then sign with another school. My thoughts are that there are some kids out there being recruited that we have no clue about at this point. Probably wrong but that is my take.

Reactions: CrimsonEyeshade

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
I just do not think Burch, a hometown kid, would verbal for USCe then sign with another school. My thoughts are that there are some kids out there being recruited that we have no clue about at this point. Probably wrong but that is my take.
I think you are right on this point. Saban said we are not through yesterday in his presser. One could certainly be Washington, another could be the TE San Jose Crimson posted about if we miss on Washington. I think Baker, Burroughs and George are takes if they get their grades in order but some may have to agree to grey or blueshirt based on our current needs for this class. Our only TE commit, Caden Clark, had a major injury during the season and not sure how healthy he will be when he reports so this has to be a priority moving forward.

• Roll Tide!
Reactions: CoolBreeze

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.