2021 Prospect: **** 2021 4* LB Deontae Lawson commits to Bama ****

formersoldier71

All-American
May 9, 2004
Jasper, AL
Four-star 2021 linebacker Deontae Lawson committed to Alabama late Friday afternoon over SEC West rivals Auburn and LSU.
“It’s crazy,” Lawson told AL.com. “I felt the time was right. I can’t wait to fit into that program and be a part of what coach (Nick) Saban has built. I was just ready to do it. It feels awesome.”
The 6-foot-3, 214-pound Lawson led Mobile Christian to the Class 3A championship game earlier this month. He was a first-team ASWA Class 3A All-State selection and a first-team AL.com All-Coastal Alabama selection.

• Roll Tide!
Reactions: REDSEA

Jkl0802

1st Team
Apr 9, 2015
Stuttgart, Germany
Whoa, a bolt out of the unknown and unpredicted? I like getting in state kids, and especially those Auburn and LSU wanted; typically just means more to them; especially the Barn and LSU games.

BirminghamBAMA

1st Team
Dec 29, 2013
This is a big pick up early for Alabama. He is one of their top overall targets in the 2021 class. Bama is recruiting him as an ILB. He is very similar to Demouy Kennedy.

Reactions: sanjosecrimson

Dnelly_7RTR

Scout Team
Dec 9, 2019
I like this kid I rather see Bama lock up the best more athletic guys in state this year. Bama has gotten back to it in this year’s recruiting class. We need to get more kids in camps. Tired of seeing LSU and ole miss etc.. Landing better players from Bama than Bama has landed.

Guido

All-SEC
Feb 24, 2017
This is a big pick up early for Alabama. He is one of their top overall targets in the 2021 class. Bama is recruiting him as an ILB. He is very similar to Demouy Kennedy.
excellent, any comparison to Demouy Kennedy is good, but as we all know, it's a long time till next ESD. but a great get, hope he sticks. RTR

sanjosecrimson

Hall of Fame
May 18, 2007
San Jose, California
He is so instinctive and fast from the video I have seen. Guys like Kennedy currently on our roster, Deontae, Ian Jackson and Woodyard who is a '22 commit are the new style ILB types that are not quite as big but can run like deer.
Lawson should be considered a 5 star if he continues to play like he has for the rest of the season. He's a beast and can do it all.

gtgilbert

All-American
Aug 12, 2011
He is so instinctive and fast from the video I have seen. Guys like Kennedy currently on our roster, Deontae, Ian Jackson and Woodyard who is a '22 commit are the new style ILB types that are not quite as big but can run like deer.
Agree - now we just have to adjust the way we expect ILBs to play to accommodate that. We keep lining ILBs up within three yards of the LOS like they still weight 260 and can push through all the mess along the LOS, instead of letting them play 5 yards off where they can stay clean and use their speed to close into the holes.

Last edited:

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.