Link: LSU DC Dave Aranda To Baylor

78Alum

All-American
Aug 1, 2007
Alabaster, AL
LOL. LSU gets to deal with what we normally are dealing with every year. I felt like Aranda would take advantage of this year and bolt for a HC job. Good luck to him. We will see how Coach O deals with turnover.

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover
I am sure the who's will get a good replacement for this guy but the transition period for them will be a killer.

Saban4Ever

All-American
Sep 27, 2016
Cobb County GA
If you ever wanted to see a bidding war over a DC then I think we could get into the 2- 3 million dollar range. But I doubt Steele really wants to leave Auburn for LSU.
I thought Steele wanted to stay in the state of Alabama due to retirement benefits or income later on.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Well, they were paying Aranda $2.5 million so they can offer a nice chunk of change to a new DC.
My point was that if LSU wanted Steele then they are going to have to pay.

Steele gets paid 1.9 million with incentives. Auburn will definitely match LSU all the way especially with Morris getting most of his pay from Arkansas. It wont be an easy "here is Arranda's pay" kinda thing.

Padreruf

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2001
Charleston, South Carolina
Pete Golding is from Louisiana. He coached there a few years too at a smaller college.

If Saban really does want him gone, I wonder if Coach O will try to go after him. I doubt he would, but who knows.
When a congregation wants to get rid of their pastor, (Baptist life) the best action is to talk him up all over the place. Then another church will come take him off your hands...maybe we could reverse course here and talk up Pete Golding???

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.