Jalen Hurts to wear an Alabama/Oklahoma helmet for Senior Bowl

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
Jalen Hurts understandably left Alabama to further his career, but he will always consider himself to be a part of the Tide family. As such, he has chosen a split Alabama/Oklahoma helmet for the Senior Bowl. This makes sense as both schools use the almost the same paint color. It isn’t exact, however, and the helmet was painted accurately for both schools.

Wakecrash

Suspended
Sep 22, 2018
I found a video with a bit more info, it seems when it was announced it was a surprise to Jalen. I am a bit concern his smile and stuff could just by his normal polished, classy Jalen self. I would like to know if wearing both is truly what he wants on Senior Bowl.

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
I found a video with a bit more info, it seems when it was announced it was a surprise to Jalen. I am a bit concern his smile and stuff could just by his normal polished, classy Jalen self. I would like to know if wearing both is truly what he wants on Senior Bowl.
It might have been the first time he saw it, but if you watch the video you'll hear them say that Jalen is signing for one charity as well. I seriously doubt that they would have volunteered him for that without sort of discussion.

I wouldn't be surprised if they had a conversation with Jalen and he said something like: "I wish I could wear both" or something along those lines, and then they made it happen. He does have a reaction but I seriously doubt they'd have done all this without some sort of reason to believe Jalen would be alright with it.

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
I think this is cool, Jalen will always be a Bama Graduate! Can’t say the same about OU! Of course, I think he had a 4.0 GPA in HS, so maybe he has a degree from OU, I mean I would never make assumptions about the young man.
Separate question, and maybe we should have another discussion thread
Does Bama make the playoffs with Jalen Hurts still at Bama? I say yes, We May or May not have lost to LSU, But I believe we would have beaten Auburn.

Reactions: UAH and seebell

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
I don't remember them doing this for anyone else. They definitely did not do this for Russell Wilson, so why do it for Jalen unless he wanted it?
They probably never thought about it before. With Jalen playing here and being so popular it seems logical an All-Star game based in the state would want to go the extra mile for him.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Does Bama make the playoffs with Jalen Hurts still at Bama? I say yes, We May or May not have lost to LSU, But I believe we would have beaten Auburn.
Probably not - No way you beat LSU with Jalen (he tried that with OU's offense and only scored 28 points) and Auburn has figured out how to stop him. More importantly, Auburn has the defensive personnel to stop him.

Jalen is a very limited QB. Love him and respect him, but that doesn't change the reality.

The Ols

Hall of Fame
Jul 8, 2012
Cumming,Ga.
I think this is cool, Jalen will always be a Bama Graduate! Can’t say the same about OU! Of course, I think he had a 4.0 GPA in HS, so maybe he has a degree from OU, I mean I would never make assumptions about the young man.
Separate question, and maybe we should have another discussion thread
Offense was not the issue @ Clemson w/out a Lake...

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.