Alabama #2 in Scoring Offense

BamaFanatJSU

1st Team
Apr 24, 2008
Rainbow City, AL
Peetty #3 in 3 point percentage.
Seeing Nesmith at #1 gave me pause considering Vanderbilt's 0-25 stint from behind the arc the other night, but the Google machine just informed me that he got injured last week (missed that somehow), thus adding some much-needed context to that horrific shooting performance.

• Love
Reactions: JustNeedMe81

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
Seeing Nesmith at #1 gave me pause considering Vanderbilt's 0-25 stint from behind the arc the other night, but the Google machine just informed me that he got injured last week (missed that somehow), thus adding some much-needed context to that horrific shooting performance.
Exactly and they have two starters out and without them, they are completely a different team. With them on court, they are a beast.

edwd58

All-American
Aug 2, 2006
Have you seen Dayton play? I've caught a few of their games and they are a solid squad. One can only presume this is the type of offense Grant promised when he arrived, but never delivered. Oh well, no hard feelings on my end and I hope they/he continue to have some success.

We're going to the Kansas State game Saturday. Looking forward to seeing our team in person. Maybe we'll break a hundred!

Rama Jama

All-American
Jan 4, 2011
Tuscaloosa
It makes me feel that we are on the right track. We needed a change and Oats has changed the whole culture here.

FWIW, Grant was never cut out to be a high level power 5 coach. I don't think he was a bad coach, just ill suited to the personalities you get a a power 5 school. He is much better suited to a Mid major like Dayton or VCU. The kids at Alabama all think they are pro's when they set foot on campus, not so at a mid major. That mentality is the difference and he is better at getting kids who are tweeners who can be good, but don't arrive with an entitled attitude. He also assumed we'd never get high level recruits and backed off whenever UK or Florida offered. True story, I believe it was Karl Anthony Towns if memory serves me right, was on campus and wanted to commit. Grant told him to wait and UK ended up having a last minute open scholarship and he went there instead. I wish him luck at Dayton unless we end up playing them. He is a good man.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.