Freddie Kitchens to the Big Apple

78Alum

All-American
Aug 1, 2007
Alabaster, AL
I had not heard this. Pretty rough to have your first NFL HC job to be the Cleveland Browns. I surely wish him well in this role, maybe next time, will be better...

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.
I'm a big fan of Freddie Kitchens. I wish him only the best. This coaching stop will give Freddie a chance to evaluate things he did, and mistakes he may have made.
Freddie is a good coach, seasoning will make him better.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
I'm a big fan of Freddie Kitchens. I wish him only the best. This coaching stop will give Freddie a chance to evaluate things he did, and mistakes he may have made.
Freddie is a good coach, seasoning will make him better.
Ed Orgeron says "HI!". Though I don't think Ogre is the next coming of Coach Bryant or Nick Saban. There's no doubt he learned from his mistakes at Ole Miss and previous stops and has become a better coach. If Ogre can do it, so can Kitchens.

Reactions: The Ols

The Ols

Hall of Fame
Jul 8, 2012
Cumming,Ga.
Ed Orgeron says "HI!". Though I don't think Ogre is the next coming of Coach Bryant or Nick Saban. There's no doubt he learned from his mistakes at Ole Miss and previous stops and has become a better coach. If Ogre can do it, so can Kitchens.
Follow the Dabo model.Hire good people and let them handle almost everything...aw shucks, it seems to work...

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
Follow the Dabo model.Hire good people and let them handle almost everything...aw shucks, it seems to work...
If I'm not mistaken it work for Coach Bryant as well. He was quoted about surrounding himself with winners. The hardest thing about being a head coach isn't the X's and O's. But how to manage people. There's a ton of coaches in the profession who know X's and O's. But when it comes to being the head guy and running the entire program, fail miserably. The true great ones (Saban, Bryant, Belichick etc.) know X's and O's AND know how to manage people.

Reactions: The Ols

The Ols

Hall of Fame
Jul 8, 2012
Cumming,Ga.
If I'm not mistaken it work for Coach Bryant as well. He was quoted about surrounding himself with winners. The hardest thing about being a head coach isn't the X's and O's. But how to manage people. There's a ton of coaches in the profession who know X's and O's. But when it comes to being the head guy and running the entire program, fail miserably. The true great ones (Saban, Bryant, Belichick etc.) know X's and O's AND know how to manage people.
I wasn't poking fun...it works...just doesn't get as much respect from me, which I know keeps Coach Aw Shucks up at night... 😂

• Haha
Reactions: Bamabuzzard

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.