Link: Tide Retakes top spot in recruiting rankings.

• Bama Gymnastics @ NCAA Championship Semi-finals (ESPN2 | TONIGHT - 4/18 @ 8pm CT). We will have a game thread going in the Women's Sports board. Come join us!

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
It’s that time of year with a week to go until NSD . All the top fanbases try to beat their fanbase chest and claim a recruiting title for fan bragging rights. Bama ascends to the top spot in final 247 composite , although they have a lower score than the previous update , But so does GEORGIA and CLEMSON. I think if we sign everyone , lose Jones and add Mac and Rake we may hold on to the top spot with around a 314 score. If we somehow snag Collins it’s a slam dunk!
I Think we will finish 2nd , possibly first, but probably 2nd. It is a great class either way!

-Tide story-

Recruiting rankings here

Last edited:

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover
60% of the top 10 classes are from the SEC and 40% from the SEC West. Tough sledding in this conference for sure.

BJ4TIDE

All-SEC
Aug 11, 2007
It seems Clemson and Georgia have room to sign several more in February, with Clemson at 23 commits and Georgia at 21. They may add enough to pass us. Wherever we end up, it is likely top three. Most importantly, with guys like Anderson, Sanders, Young, etc. I think Saban has found a stable of hungry, aggressive young men who have something to prove. That excites me!

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
I read on tigernet that Clemson is done recruiting unless they pick up a surprise like Burch or someone. Clemsonites are not fond of the updates that put Clemson #3. Not fond at all! Calling it more SEC propaganda!

Reactions: TiderJack

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
I read on tigernet that Clemson is done recruiting unless they pick up a surprise like Burch or someone. Clemsonites are not fond of the updates that put Clemson #3. Not fond at all! Calling it more SEC propaganda!
Those are some of the biggest bunch of baffoons on the internet. "We've won two of the last four NC's and have been in the playoff five consecutive years.", "We've won two of the last four NC's and have been in the playoff five consecutive years." and just in case you missed it the first two times, "We've won two of the last four NC's and have been in the playoff five consecutive years." Over and over and over and over and over and over and over. Bless their hearts. LOL!

Alabama just Since 2007:
2009-National Championship
2011-National Championship
2012-National Championship
2015-National Championship
2017-National Championship

Clemson's entire history:
1981- National Championship
2016- National Championship
2018- National Championship

:)

Last edited:

DawgByte

1st Team
Dec 21, 2017
I thought it was a fairly straight forward question. According to 247Sport Bama has 26 commits in the 2020 recruiting class. I thought the limit was 25 or 85 total scholarships, so just trying to see if Bama will take more commits in this cycle. Maybe I'm missing something.

The Ols

Hall of Fame
Jul 8, 2012
Cumming,Ga.
Bama is at 26 commits. How many more can you take in this cycle?
..and the fact is that you know the answer to this. You read this board and many others.( I'm guessing lots of lonely nights in Mom's basement.) So go ahead, start some more crap. We over-sign, we're mean to the kids...Just remember, your fearless leader (follower) just sits back to see what The GOAT does and copies...Last one up turn out the lights...That you or Mom??? 😁

• Thank You
Reactions: B1GTide

DawgByte

1st Team
Dec 21, 2017
..and the fact is that you know the answer to this. You read this board and many others.( I'm guessing lots of lonely nights in Mom's basement.) So go ahead, start some more crap. We over-sign, we're mean to the kids...Just remember, your fearless leader (follower) just sits back to see what The GOAT does and copies...Last one up turn out the lights...That you or Mom??? 😁
I'm sorry if I left that impression, but honestly I'm not trying to start anything.

From what I gather Bama is looking at additional players for this class, so I was just inquiring on available room. Roster management is not easy these days, because you have to factor in who might enter the portal after Spring practice and transfer, plus regular attrition. Our fan base is also trying to figure out where we'll end up and most people believe 24 gets us to the 85 scholarship limit.

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
I thought it was a fairly straight forward question. According to 247Sport Bama has 26 commits in the 2020 recruiting class. I thought the limit was 25 or 85 total scholarships, so just trying to see if Bama will take more commits in this cycle. Maybe I'm missing something.
I got you. Don’t let those guys bother you. No, Bama didn’t make the playoffs last year, so the SEC Petitioned the NCAA and Bama was approved to sign 30 this year with full scholarship load of 90 until 2022. Obscure rule , but it works for us!

The Ols

Hall of Fame
Jul 8, 2012
Cumming,Ga.
I got you. Don’t let those guys bother you. No, Bama didn’t make the playoffs last year, so the SEC Petitioned the NCAA and Bama was approved to sign 30 this year with full scholarship load of 90 until 2022. Obscure rule , but it works for us!
I did not know this...very cool fact. Thanks for sharing...
FTR...DBs MO is to poke the bear...doesn't take much reading his posts to see that.

• Haha
Reactions: B1GTide and bamaga

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.