Starting a new job soon!

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
Handing in my resignation went better than I thought it would. They were really cool about it. Even told me if I change my mind, I would be welcomed back (we actually had someone do that). They are trying to make sure my insurance will cover me all of October (it will). I will basically have 2 weeks without insurance. My new job is trying to make sure I am covered before that. Both jobs are bending over backwards to help me.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
Handing in my resignation went better than I thought it would. They were really cool about it. Even told me if I change my mind, I would be welcomed back (we actually had someone do that). They are trying to make sure my insurance will cover me all of October (it will). I will basically have 2 weeks without insurance. My new job is trying to make sure I am covered before that. Both jobs are bending over backwards to help me.
That's awesome, Design! Pat yourself on the back because for this to happen means you achieved a level of respect from your employer and one only gets respect by earning it.

I'm proud of you, brother!

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
That's awesome, Design! Pat yourself on the back because for this to happen means you achieved a level of respect from your employer and one only gets respect by earning it.

I'm proud of you, brother!
Thanks brother. Word spread pretty quickly throughout the firm and by end of day everyone knew. Some were shocked and are freaking a bit since I am the main 3D guy.

I found out my first project at the new firm will be a hotel in San Francisco. I will also be doing CA work which means I will get to oversee it built. I am excited about this new venture and looking forward to it.

No more schools for this guy!

Go Bama

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
16outa17essee
Thanks brother. Word spread pretty quickly throughout the firm and by end of day everyone knew. Some were shocked and are freaking a bit since I am the main 3D guy.

I found out my first project at the new firm will be a hotel in San Francisco. I will also be doing CA work which means I will get to oversee it built. I am excited about this new venture and looking forward to it.

That’s awesome, DK! It sounds like a dream job. Good luck.

How’s the shoulder coming along?

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
That’s awesome, DK! It sounds like a dream job. Good luck.

How’s the shoulder coming along?
Thanks, it really is the type of architecture I love and why I got into this business in the first place.

I have a little more mobility today than yesterday. It doesn't hurt all the time now, just when I move too much. It is still a task getting dressed. I go back to the doctor on Friday. Hopefully I can start to lightly exercise again.

Toddrn

All-American
Nov 29, 2006
Woodstock, Ga
Congrats, but watch where you step in San Fran. LOL

AUDub

Hall of Fame
Dec 4, 2013
Give me ambiguity or give me something else.
I hope you are a small guy. That looks like our band truck. I can’t even get in on the passenger side. There’s a little more room for the driver.
It's an E450 super duty and bigger than it looks. 10'10 at the top of the box. I'm a big dude (6'3 210) and I fit pretty comfortably.

It does get pretty uncomfortable after a few hours behind the wheel though.

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
The new job is great. I love the half day Fridays, you really don't notice the 9 hour day Monday-Thursday. Working on a very cool outdoor amphitheater. I am getting to work on it alone and everyone wanted the project, but it was given to the new guy. It is very challenging, and exactly what I needed to rejuvenate my career.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
The new job is great. I love the half day Fridays, you really don't notice the 9 hour day Monday-Thursday. Working on a very cool outdoor amphitheater. I am getting to work on it alone and everyone wanted the project, but it was given to the new guy. It is very challenging, and exactly what I needed to rejuvenate my career.
Someone once said "If you like what you do - you never have to work a day in your life."

Very happy to hear you are enjoying your new job, Design. I think we've all BTDT, and can relate!

Please continue to keep us posted - I enjoy hearing about any interesting projects. Pics are also welcome where appropriate!

Best to you, Baz

Reactions: DzynKingRTR

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
Still enjoying the new job. Don't have any images that I can post, since most of the projects I am working on are still in the early design phase. I am now poaching a former coworker from my old firm and getting her to come aboard. She is very young but very smart. She is Chinese and has a slight work visa issue but they are willing to go through the paperwork to help her. They interviewed her once and trust my judgement so they are hiring her. It will earn me some money if she stays 90 days and earn me even more after a year. The one issue is when the old firm finds out where she is going that night burn that bridge for me.

Reactions: NationalTitles18

Padreruf

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2001
Charleston, South Carolina
Still enjoying the new job. Don't have any images that I can post, since most of the projects I am working on are still in the early design phase. I am now poaching a former coworker from my old firm and getting her to come aboard. She is very young but very smart. She is Chinese and has a slight work visa issue but they are willing to go through the paperwork to help her. They interviewed her once and trust my judgement so they are hiring her. It will earn me some money if she stays 90 days and earn me even more after a year. The one issue is when the old firm finds out where she is going that night burn that bridge for me.
"Every man for himself and God for all of us, said the elephant as he danced among the chickens." Pogo. (Walt Kelly). If they don't appreciate her and pay her what she deserves, then someone else will, I can assure you. Don't feel guilty over helping someone -- and maybe yourself at the same time.

Reactions: Bazza

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
"Every man for himself and God for all of us, said the elephant as he danced among the chickens." Pogo. (Walt Kelly). If they don't appreciate her and pay her what she deserves, then someone else will, I can assure you. Don't feel guilty over helping someone -- and maybe yourself at the same time.
I don't feel guilty at all. I just wanted to keep the door open in case I get desperate and need to go back. The type of work they do (K-12 and government) is almost recession proof. The type I do now needs rich people and banks. She is really excited about the possibility, but the visa thing will likely take until July. It could get sped up to March, but she is ready to leave the current job.

Reactions: Padreruf

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
It is official. My former coworker's visa was approved and she will soon be a coworker again. She starts in 2 weeks. Now she needs to get the sponsorship which should happen in July. That will start her green card status. She just informed her current employer they immediately tried to get her to stay but she told them the visa has been transferred already. They then asked where. She just told them the name and they immediately put it together that is where I went.

Referral bonus for me in 90 days! Plus she is super cute and currently single, but awfully young.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
It is official. My former coworker's visa was approved and she will soon be a coworker again. She starts in 2 weeks. Now she needs to get the sponsorship which should happen in July. That will start her green card status. She just informed her current employer they immediately tried to get her to stay but she told them the visa has been transferred already. They then asked where. She just told them the name and they immediately put it together that is where I went.

Referral bonus for me in 90 days! Plus she is super cute and currently single, but awfully young.
How cute? :ROFLMAO: ;)

Reactions: Bazza

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.