Game Thread: Bama (1-3) softball Tallahassee Invitational (UA,FSU,and UNC)

Krymsonman

Hall of Fame
Sep 1, 2009
River Ridge, LA
Well, didn't get to see it, and sounds like a good thing I didn't. Well, certainly don't need to worry about that #1 ranking anymore. Hopefully, this is an early wake up call and learning experience on how to play at a high level.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Takeaways

1) Alabama only has 1 great pitcher at this point. Whether the other 3 are rusty or what they didn’t have a good showing.

2) This team has a lot of work to do, and if a deep OKC run is the goal then they better work out the kinks fast because they have a really tough month ahead

Let’s just hope this is just early season jitters, and not wanting the #1 ranking target on us.

Blindside17

Suspended
Aug 13, 2019
Phenix City, AL
Came out of this tournament 1-3 at worst thought we would be 3-1 so much for being number 1. We just got our ass handed to us by FSU earlier today and lost a four run lead in the bottom of the 7th to UNC inexcusable.Better get it together.​

Krymsonman

Hall of Fame
Sep 1, 2009
River Ridge, LA
I think Murphy and the whole team have been drinking the Kool Aid while looking through Crimson colored glasses. But we still have a really good chance of having a great season.
Man, they've been drinking something as they sure don't know how to close out a game. They blow a 5 run lead to FSU, and now a 4 run lead to unranked North Carolina. The worst part is these blown leads all came in the bottom of the 7th inning. Maybe they had big heads from the kool-aid, (aka rat poison), but they may be un-ranked after this weekend. I really hope they can get it together because I love watching them play.

BamaHoHo

All-American
Aug 7, 2007
Coaling, Alabama, United States
We should have been ranked 3-6. We will be ok. Our 2B is playing SS. Our LF is playing 2B. Our back up to the back up 2B/3B is playing 1B. We have freshmen playing 3B & LF (in time they will be pretty good). Our C to be just graduated HS and hasn’t cleared the ncaa clearinghouse or even practiced with the team yet. Our Pitchers should be our strong point had a rough weekend but they will settle down and really come through for us as the season goes on.

Last edited:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.