Is Sarkisian eager to leave Alabama?

Bamaboy16

Suspended
Dec 6, 2019
I feel like his name gets linked to just about every head coach opening that comes around. For that to happen the interest needs to be somewhat mutual.

why the eagerness to go? Even Kiffin “suffered” (as he puts it) through three years. Is it that hard of a job, or is Sark that eager to be a HC again?

i can’t help but think this will negatively impact recruiting if he stays next year.

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.
I feel like his name gets linked to just about every head coach opening that comes around. For that to happen the interest needs to be somewhat mutual.

why the eagerness to go? Even Kiffin “suffered” (as he puts it) through three years. Is it that hard of a job, or is Sark that eager to be a HC again?

i can’t help but think this will negatively impact recruiting if he stays next year.
I don't see it that way at all.
Sark can spend several years at Alabama, and give us a really good Offense, maybe add a Ring for his efforts, or go to some college like Colorado and be an also ran coach, of a team that struggles to get 8-9 wins.

If Sark can do really well with us, he will have major college teams making offers.

If Pete can have a team free of the injury bug, we might see him to be a better coach.
Some of our forum members would prefer someone else call the Defense during games.
A few plays last year that looked bad, was because a Freshman or Sophomore did something and messed up the play from the start. It only takes a guy trying to strip the ball, instead of making the tackle, to screw up and allow them to make a big play...
My favorite complaint from last year...
I probably said it every week. Tackle them, Wrap them up, instead of trying to make a showboat knock them down tackle.

• Thank You
Reactions: UAH and Padreruf

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama

1) Sark isn’t going to go to a team that has the deck stacked totally against him like Colorado or Miss St

2) Sark didn’t have near the damaged goods as Kiffin. Sarks drunkenness was linked to a painful divorce while Kiffin’s always has been linked to immaturity

3) Sark’s HC career is actually a decent one, and makes people wonder what he could’ve done with USC if given a real chance

4) Sark is most likely trying to go for a big job like UCLA or Texas if they come open.

Bamaboy16

Suspended
Dec 6, 2019
Did this need it’s own thread ?
A few thoughts...

Yes. Personally, I don’t like threads that go off topic. A lot of threads start off about our D Line then turn into Dan Mullens stint in Mississippi. So I wanted to discuss this directly and not have it lost in the sea of comments under “Sark Colorado state opening”

I see so many threads on here that don’t really have anything to do with Alabama football.

In closing, does it really matter? Like really. Does it honestly matter if I start a thread to talk about this topic directly? Is there a limit to thread posts?? Come on now man. Lighten up and let the Bama talk flow.

The Ols

Hall of Fame
Jul 8, 2012
Cumming,Ga.
A few thoughts...

Yes. Personally, I don’t like threads that go off topic. A lot of threads start off about our D Line then turn into Dan Mullens stint in Mississippi. So I wanted to discuss this directly and not have it lost in the sea of comments under “Sark Colorado state opening”

I see so many threads on here that don’t really have anything to do with Alabama football.

In closing, does it really matter? Like really. Does it honestly matter if I start a thread to talk about this topic directly? Is there a limit to thread posts?? Come on now man. Lighten up and let the Bama talk flow.
A few thoughts too...

Yes. You're allowed to post your thoughts and if it's deemed unnecessary it will be closed.
I would however take much less of a valley girl tone when phishing for responses...Like, really...

...lastly, you don't have to open threads that don't interest you. Lighten up Francis, and let their Bama talk flow too... ✌

• Sad
Reactions: Jay Hughes

PA Tide Fan

All-American
Dec 11, 2014
Lancaster, PA
I think in most cases a former HC will have a desire to be a HC again. The reason we've had high turnover of OC's at Alabama is that Saban keeps hiring former HC's or someone from the NFL. Sure, these people may be qualified but everyone knows they are only going to stay for a year or two to try and get another feather in their cap before going back to what they did before. If we want an OC who stays around for a while then Saban needs to hire an OC who is under the radar.

The Ols

Hall of Fame
Jul 8, 2012
Cumming,Ga.
I think in most cases a former HC will have a desire to be a HC again. The reason we've had high turnover of OC's at Alabama is that Saban keeps hiring former HC's or someone from the NFL. Sure, these people may be qualified but everyone knows they are only going to stay for a year or two to try and get another feather in their cap before going back to what they did before. If we want an OC who stays around for a while then Saban needs to hire an OC who is under the radar.
After the last round of hirings didn't CNS say something to the effect of three years (minimum) here if you're going to sign on?
*I'm sure that there are "Dream School" clauses, etc...but that was the general idea...continuity.

Reactions: Con and Ole Man Dan

Bamaboy16

Suspended
Dec 6, 2019
A few thoughts too...

Yes. You're allowed to post your thoughts and if it's deemed unnecessary it will be closed.
I would however take much less of a valley girl tone when phishing for responses...Like, really...

...lastly, you don't have to open threads that don't interest you. Lighten up Francis, and let their Bama talk flow too... ✌
Shouldn’t you be playing with your kids since it’s Saturday??? 😂😂

Bamaboy16

Suspended
Dec 6, 2019
After the last round of hirings didn't CNS say something to the effect of three years (minimum) here if you're going to sign on?
*I'm sure that there are "Dream School" clauses, etc...but that was the general idea...continuity.
Perhaps he meant that for pretty much everyone but former head coaches? To lure Sark back maybe he had to get creative

crimson fan man

Hall of Fame
Aug 12, 2002
Athens Al
I think that Sark likes Alabama and working for CNS. When Atlanta let him go Alabama's door was open for him. He did not have to take the job. Also if he wants to be a head coach again it will only help his chances.

Reactions: UAH

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
Even if Sark was interested why in the world would he jump ship now? Spring ball is right around the corner, he'd have to scramble and hire a staff, take in an incoming recruiting class that isn't his. Makes zero sense for him to do that. There will more than likely be equal or better openings at the end of next season where he wouldn't have to come in under the circumstances he'd be walking into if he took the leap now.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.