darwin award nominee

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
Daredevil “Mad Mike” Hughes Dies in Rocket Crash on Mission to Prove Earth Is Flat

Mike Hughes, who had described himself as the “world’s greatest daredevil,” died Saturday when the launch of his homemade rocket failed. The 64-year-old was out on a mission to prove the Earth was flat, but his steam-powered rocket crashed shortly after takeoff near Barstow, California. Journalist Justin Chapman, who was working on a profile of Hughes, captured the launch and subsequent crash in a video he posted to Twitter. “Everyone was stunned. They didn’t know what to do,” Chapman told the Los Angeles Times. “He landed about a half a mile away from the launch pad.”

• Thank You
Reactions: seebell and The Ols

jthomas666

Hall of Fame
Aug 14, 2002
Birmingham & Warner Robins
"steam-powered rocket" I don't know why, but I envision a steam-punk monstrosity with a smoke stack. Poor guy. Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.
Evel Kneivel's rocket for his failed Snake River Canyon jump was steam powered. I suspect it's a safety and/or environmental issue, as most traditional rocket fuels can be tricky to deal with.

The video of Hughes' flight, such as it was, is online. Physics can be a *****.

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017
My Wife and I were just talking about this weird trend the yesterday.

“The flat Earth thing is like everything else to me. I just want people to question everything. Question what your congressman is doing, your city council. Question what really happened during the Civil War. What happened during 9/11,”
It's driving me crazy

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.