Votes: 1 3.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

CharminTide

Hall of Fame
Oct 23, 2005
I hate that he limited himself to females here.
Agreed. The VP is just one COVID-infected handshake away from the oval office. An 80-year-old dude has to pick whoever he thinks is best suited for that possibility. You can do this and still ensure a demographically representative cabinet. But he said it, and now he's bound by that.

I like Abrams for the same reason I like Buttigieg, but she has even less experience in this forum than he did. I like Warren, but if a GOP governor gets to fill her seat, that's a tactically unwise move. Amy does nothing for Biden electorally and would be a poor choice unless he thinks she's the most qualified to step into his shoes. Personally, I find her about as "unlikable" as Hillary. I do think a few of the others would be fine choices, but none are particularly inspiring.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
I picked the NM gov. I really like Demmings but IMHO, she doesn't have the experience right now for this spot, but I see a future for her running for either VP or POTUS.

Now, Michelle Obama would knock it out of the ball park, but doubt she would be interested - and can't blame her.

What Biden *should do* IMHO, is form a 3 person advisory committee (ideally headed by Michelle Obama) to help provide guidance to the Biden team on who the VP pic should be.

Reactions: seebell

uafanataum

All-American
Oct 18, 2014
Susan Rice. She seems very middle of the road which is my favorite type of democrat. That's who I want, not who I think. I think he will pick someone from Florida to win those EC votes.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
It’s going to be Abrams or Rice out of that list . I think the others really don’t add anything for his chances.

Whitmer- is just someone that I fear would unite the right against him.

klob- really doesn’t offer much

kamala- doesn’t offer much and really doesn’t inspire much for some reason for minorities

Val- maybe but why would you pick her over Abrams other than maybe a few votes in Florida?

Tammy- it’s really playing a Vet card that really isn’t that beneficial in the long run.

other- not really worth mentioning.

-the total wild card would be Nina Turner but I doubt Biden would be willing to give anyone further to the left than Bernie a nod.

Honestly I think if you could pick any woman it really should be Michelle Obama

Last edited:

TexasBama

TideFans Legend
Jan 15, 2000
Houston, Texas USA
From the Electoral College vantage, I think Baldwin brings the most, followed by Whitmer then Deming (polling suggests Joe is in pretty good shape in Florida). OTOH, by Baldwin running you could lose a Senate seat. So probably Whitmer.

rolltide_21

Hall of Fame
Dec 9, 2007
NW AL
My preference would be Gov. Cuomo but he’s not listed. The others? I do not know enough about them to offer an opinion. I think he’ll choose Rice because of her connection to Obama. I think he’ll try to make as many connections to 2009-2016 as possible. That’s not to say she isn’t qualified because she is.

Reactions: B1GTide

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
How I would rank this list:

Tier 1: Sign me up

1) Abrams- Could potentially turn A lot of Mid Atlantic, and possibly even some surprise southern states Blue, but she is an excitable choice.

2) Rice- I think the Obama connection could be a vital aspect.

Tier 2: Eh Maybe

3) Kamala- there is just something wrong with her and voters, but she is well spoken and could bring some much needed energy to the campaign if she was a VP pick.

4) Duckworth- a popular vet that can dish it out to Trump and the crusty old Republican senators. But really don't know how to feel about her as a VP just yet.

5) Val- key home state, but really don't know about her energy as a VP

6) Grisham- I think she has the energy, but I don't know about if she offers much beyond a Latino voting base that is largely going to vote for Biden regardless

Tier 3 Only if the above say no

7) Mastro- Really Grisham is the better pick out of the two imo, but both are the same.

8) Whitmer- I think until the wole "dont buy seeds" story came out, she wouldve been in tier 2 for me.

9) Klobaucher- I really dont think she adds anything, and its more of a safe pick than anything.

10) Baldwin- While Wisconsin is important, I just cant help but to wonder if Pete Buttigieg couldve gotten you Wisconsin as a far younger person of the LGBT community. I think Pete wouldve been a killer VP pick, and wouldve added alot in the campaign than Baldwin. I think Baldwin is still a decent pick, but further down the line for me.

Tier 4) Avoid like the plauge

11) Warren- If you really want the Bernie fans and disenfranchised Republicans to unite against you then pick Warren.

Last edited:
Reactions: B1GTide
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.