DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa

CrimsonTheory

All-American
Mar 26, 2012
CrimsonBleedRed
I believe the NFL needs a feeder league between NCAA and the NFL.

Has the NFL ever consider taking the "Practice Squad" idea and turn those squads into teams and basically create an NFL backed Feeder League?

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011

Has the NFL ever consider taking the "Practice Squad" idea and turn those squads into teams and basically create an NFL backed Feeder League?
That’s what NFL Europe was.

TraskiTideFan

1st Team
Apr 18, 2009
Savannah TN

The problem is the extra cost of liability and the expense. Bean counters still look at the bottom line and unfortunately the insurance companies have taken over the world.

• Thank You
Reactions: OSUTideFan

We_are_Bama

Suspended
Dec 11, 2008
The XFL is absolutely cursed. In 2001, a few months after the original incarnation folded, we had 9/11. Fast forward nearly 20 years later. They try again. They clean it up, it has zero ties to it's predecessor, and it looks like they learned from their past mistakes. And...what happens? They didn't even make it as far as the atrocity that was the AAF. It dies less than one season in. And again, in a year where the XFL tries to launch, we have a national catastrophe. :cry: I don't want the XFL to try again. Bad omen.

• Thank You

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
WWE owned about 25% of the XFL with Vince's Alpha Entertainment owning the other roughly 75%. Today the WWE just cut 4 former "champions" from their production. The WWE itself is hurting to the point that it may need some serious financial help. Its really showing how much a live crowd pays the bills.

More or less the XFL's future depending more on the WWE having enough money to cover it. Which until the virus it did.

OSUTideFan

All-American
Dec 17, 2019
Indiana
They clean it up, it has zero ties to it's predecessor, and it looks like they learned from their past mistakes. And...what happens? They didn't even make it as far as the atrocity that was the AAF. It dies less than one season in. And again, in a year where the XFL tries to launch, we have a national catastrophe. :cry: I don't want the XFL to try again. Bad omen.
Great post. It was an exciting league to watch before everything got ruined by this awful new plague.
It really pains me to see a promising football league get crushed like this.

Reactions: We_are_Bama

We_are_Bama

Suspended
Dec 11, 2008
Great post. It was an exciting league to watch before everything got ruined by this awful new plague.
It really pains me to see a promising football league get crushed like this.
And what are the odds that the two years that they tried to launch, we have a life altering catastrophe? Granted, it was a little different in 2001 as 9/11 happened after they had folded. But still, out of a 20 year period, they somehow chose the 2 years that these awful events happen. I really enjoyed this past season, as short as it was. I loved the kickoff as well as the one, two and three point tries.

OSUTideFan

All-American
Dec 17, 2019
Indiana
I really enjoyed this past season, as short as it was. I loved the kickoff as well as the one, two and three point tries.
You and me both. It’s a crying shame that this league didn’t get its due. I can maybe vainly hope against hope that some of its innovations will be transferred to NCAA and NFL football. Because pro football players deserve to have a pain free life outside of their ephemeral pro careers.

Reactions: We_are_Bama

The Ols

Hall of Fame
Jul 8, 2012
Cumming,Ga.
You and me both. It’s a crying shame that this league didn’t get its due. I can maybe vainly hope against hope that some of its innovations will be transferred to NCAA and NFL football. Because pro football players deserve to have a pain free life outside of their ephemeral pro careers.
Not sure the XFL was cutting edge enough to lead to the NFL players living pain free lives....but I can appreciate the enthusiasm...

OSUTideFan

All-American
Dec 17, 2019
Indiana
Not sure the XFL was cutting edge enough to lead to the NFL players living pain free lives....but I can appreciate the enthusiasm...
I should have spoken in more relative terms. The XFL still had injured players but it intended to reduce those injuries with new safety innovations. It was by no means a panacea.

The Ols

Hall of Fame
Jul 8, 2012
Cumming,Ga.
I should have spoken in more relative terms. The XFL still had injured players but it intended to reduce those injuries with new safety innovations. It was by no means a panacea.
Understood...you seem to be getting your money's worth out of that word of the day calendar too! Nice...

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.