Link: Potential for NIL Money at the College Level not to be Used in High School Recruiting

seebell

Hall of Fame
Mar 12, 2012
Gurley, Al
Dr. Karissa L. Niehoff - Executive Director of the National Federation of State High School Associations (NFHS) said:
Very simply, the notion of luring a high school student-athlete to a particular college based on the student’s increased chance to earn money from his or her NIL must not be a part of the recruiting process. Parents pushing their kids into specialization in the fight for scholarships would only be exacerbated as families considered the “best offer” from colleges.

Last edited by a moderator:

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
This is stupid. That would be like saying that Saban and Alabama can't use their ability to better prepare an athlete for the NFL in recruiting. Some coaches and schools will add value to a recruits earnings potential. Straight fact. This woman thinks that it shouldn't be mentioned because we can't admit the obvious? Is she in grade school?

jambama1

All-American
Aug 1, 2005
Tuscaloosa
This is stupid. That would be like saying that Saban and Alabama can't use their ability to better prepare an athlete for the NFL in recruiting. Some coaches and schools will add value to a recruits earnings potential. Straight fact. This woman thinks that it shouldn't be mentioned because we can't admit the obvious? Is she in grade school?
dont worry its impossible for them to actually do.As soon as another recruit sees What player X makes at Bama compared to South Carolina its already done

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.
dont worry its impossible for them to actually do.As soon as another recruit sees What player X makes at Bama compared to South Carolina its already done
You wouldn't want a recruit who was not smart enough to see where the financial angle is.
They would struggle with today's playbooks.
Teams like Alabama Ohio State, Clemson, and Michigan will have guys who will likely make the top money.
The abuse comes when money is directed toward a player, like Cam Newton and his father.
(Yall notice... I didn't mention that Cow College)

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010
Very simply, the notion of luring a high school student-athlete to a particular college based on the student’s increased chance to earn money from his or her NIL must not be a part of the recruiting process. Parents pushing their kids into specialization in the fight for scholarships would only be exacerbated as families considered the “best offer” from colleges.

She is clueless... :rolleyes:

This will be impossible to enforce. In fact, it already has been. :cool:

Reactions: B1GTide

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL
Isn’t this similar to saying a medical school shouldn’t promote it’s “high percentage of graduates passing boards” or a law school promoting their success with graduates passing the bar on the first try? Or saying a university can’t recruit a national merit scholar by saying “our graduates earn x percentage more in their first placement than those of other top programs”?

God forbid you tell someone their chances of financial, athletic, academic and professional success is higher at your institution and your program.

In the words of that great philosopher, Forrest Gump, “Stupid is as stupid does”.

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
Of course I'll respect you in the morning.

Check's in the mail.

Every one of those 200,000 miles was on the highway.

I inherited this really cool bridge in New York from my great-grandmother, but need to sell it now.

No, I won't use the ability to earn thousands of dollars in NIL money to recruit football players to my school.

• Haha
Reactions: CB4 and The Ols

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.