20th Anniversaries? How many do we have?

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
It just dawned on me that in March I will celebrate my 20th Anniversary on Tidefans. I know we have some folks already hit their 20th.

Is there a way to see this? I remember some folks with 1999 as start dates.

I tried looking for a list I could sort by date, but I haven’t had any luck.

So, if you have hit the 20 year mark.....kudos.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
It just dawned on me that in March I will celebrate my 20th Anniversary on Tidefans. I know we have some folks already hit their 20th.

Is there a way to see this? I remember some folks with 1999 as start dates.

I tried looking for a list I could sort by date, but I haven’t had any luck.

So, if you have hit the 20 year mark.....kudos.
We will need your post count, please, in order to verify and award your special prize. ;)

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
Congratulations!

I've lost a few log-ins due to early meltdowns, but think my 20th will come some time in 2021.
i think i had set up a user id right before the big board crash, in 99 i think. i can't remember for sure, but i discovered the board sometime during the '98-'99 timeframe. i never actually posted until after i rejoined in may 2000

BamaNation

Publisher and Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Apr 9, 1999
Silicon Slopes
TideFans.com
I'm thinking I've been here the longest :D

I've said it before but I still remember the EXACT moment I pressed the proverbial "make it live" button while hoping somebody actually showed up :D

Of course, we did have the BamaNation.com site before this but it was held together with chewing gum and toothpicks and wasn't really a message board, per se.

Thanks for sticking around and inviting your friends (keep doing so!), supporting TF in many ways including TideFansStore.com purchases, Amazon purchases, but also just showing up everyday to read and post...and by making TideFans.com what it is and always has been... Home of the BamaNation! I hope you all appreciate all the hard work of the mods and admins - even if you've been "arrested" by them :D I also hope you appreciate the incredible advances in technology from Day 1 of TideFans.com until now.

If you ever wanted to go back and see what the site looked like way back when... the waybackmachine.org archive site has a glimpse starting in Nov 1999.

Last edited:

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
I'm thinking I've been here the longest :D

I've said it before but I still remember the EXACT moment I pressed the proverbial "make it live" button in May 1999 while hoping somebody actually showed up :D We had a few server meltdowns (literally) during the first couple of years but amazingly, folks showed back up when the fires were extinguished.

Of course, we did have the BamaNation.com site before this but it was held together with chewing gum and toothpicks and wasn't really a message board, per se.

Thanks for sticking around and inviting your friends (keep doing so!), supporting TF in many ways including TideFansStore.com purchases, Amazon purchases, but also just showing up everyday to read and post...and by making TideFans.com what it is and always has been... Home of the BamaNation! I hope you all appreciate all the hard work of the mods and admins - even if you've been "arrested" by them :D I also hope you appreciate the incredible advances in technology from Day 1 of TideFans.com until now.
You’re the Law and Order of college sports boards. And so glad I found you.

Last edited by a moderator:

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
You’re the Law and Order of college sports boards. And so glad I found you.
Amen to that, brother. I'm a 2004 refugee from a poorly-moderated board. Begged the owner to change. He essentially said he agreed with me, but would lose subscribers if he toned down what passed for discourse. So he lost me.

Second-best breakup of my life, behind only my last college girlfriend -- a face from an Ivory Soap box, a Trumpian need for control, a heart from the South Pole, and the brain to know which buttons to push. A no-foolin' dangerous woman.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.