Christion Jones released by CFL team due to anti-gay tweet

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
I decided to post this here rather than the football board because it would end up here anyway.

One day people will learn to keep their opinions off social media.

Rolltide51

1st Team
Nov 24, 2019
one day people will learn to be decent human beings that don't need to hide their opinions
yep... all he said was a man wasn't supposed to be with a man and a woman wasn't supposed to be with a woman and then added in upper case letters... THAT'S ME THO. i agree... THAT'S ME TOO! hope i don't get cut and a i ain't backtracking and apologizing.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
yep... all he said was a man wasn't supposed to be with a man and a woman wasn't supposed to be with a woman and then added in upper case letters... THAT'S ME THO. i agree... THAT'S ME TOO! hope i don't get cut and a i ain't backtracking and apologizing.
He knew what he was doing so I really have no sympathy for him. I don’t think one picks June out of the blue to voice your opinion about gay pride.

Rolltide51

1st Team
Nov 24, 2019
He knew what he was doing so I really have no sympathy for him. I don’t think one picks June out of the blue to voice your opinion about gay pride.
i agree that he knew what he was doing but doesn't he have a right to his opinion?

Rolltide51

1st Team
Nov 24, 2019
Yup & the team had the right to react to that opinion in the manner of their choosing.
correct and teams have a right to not pick colin k if they want to not pick him. and when i say that i am not trying to pick a fight. i support colin k.'s right to kneel as well as c. j.'s right to his opinion and i am not trying to say the two are equal. i hope both make squads when football starts back up.

uafanataum

All-American
Oct 18, 2014
correct and teams have a right to not pick colin k if they want to not pick him. and when i say that i am not trying to pick a fight. i support colin k.'s right to kneel as well as c. j.'s right to his opinion and i am not trying to say the two are equal. i hope both make squads when football starts back up.
If I run an NFL franchise and Patrick Mahomes makes these comments then I publicly chastise hI'm and tell everyone that a players views do not necessarily reflect the whole team's views. If however my 3rd string running back makes these comments then I am cutting him. He is not worth the struggle. I believe people should be able to sleep with whoever they want but cutting a player is a business decision l, not a personal one.

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
Twitter and Booze are a deadly combination.

Why do people have the audacity to believe that they are entitled to a different opinion?

We all know what we are allowed to say and think and what we aren’t. He should have known better.

Its 2020 CJ, you know you aren’t allowed to believe something different, much less say it out loud.
Silly man.

• Thank You
Reactions: IMALOYAL1

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Twitter and Booze are a deadly combination.

Why do people have the audacity to believe that they are entitled to a different opinion?

We all know what we are allowed to say and think and what we aren’t. He should have known better.

Its 2020 CJ, you know you aren’t allowed to believe something different, much less say it out loud.
Silly man.
No, he is free to be as bigoted as he wishes. But those decisions have consequences.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
If I run an NFL franchise and Patrick Mahomes makes these comments then I publicly chastise hI'm and tell everyone that a players views do not necessarily reflect the whole team's views. If however my 3rd string running back makes these comments then I am cutting him. He is not worth the struggle. I believe people should be able to sleep with whoever they want but cutting a player is a business decision l, not a personal one.
Jimmy Johnson was asked after cutting a guy for sleeping during a film room study if he would do it to Troy Aikman. He said “ No but I would make sure he doesn’t do it again”

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.