General BLM thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
That does not negate the fact that the road is not their property and this couple has no right to control the road or point guns at people in it.
Totally get that. They could/should have handled themselves a lot better. But I am not sure that they actually tried to stop people from going down the road aside from telling the crowd that they were trespassing and calling the police.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
cos-play. the picture accompanying that article says a lot. her pistol is right next to his head with her finger on the trigger. and i suspect she is a bit tipsy

He was also holding his AR-15 left-handed, even though it was a standard carbine with its ejection port on the right side, meaning that if the polo-sporting gentleman had fired his gun, with every discharge, it would have spit a spent, white-hot bullet casing directly into his nipples. Clearly, he didn’t carry this gun very often, a fact made all the more obvious by the frequency with which he pointed its business end toward his wife, who was also barefoot, beside him, wielding a small semiautomatic pistol loosely in her hands, like a once-cherished dream that now might burst and dry up at any moment.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
Dude, this whole conversation is based on what was reported. This "it is all speculation" stuff wears thin.

LOL.........I'm not the one who wrote:

"no one threatened violence. "

As if you knew that was fact.

You don't know EVERYTHING that happened.....the media doesn't know EVERYTHING that happened.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
This is so well-done:
Similarly, this era of militant fundamentalist whiteness should force Americans to ask: Who needs dog whistles, or even legal institutions, when you have AR-15s, gas-powered golf carts, and “Keep America Great” flags?

Certainly not the millions of Americans like Mark and Patricia McCloskey, who, despite their wealth and advantages, have permitted themselves to be driven into paroxysms of fear and victimhood by their conservative white political benefactors. That fear—that they are no longer a silent majority, or a majority at all, assured of keeping what they have—has been brought to a crescendo by the pro-gun, anti-welfare right wing of American politicos who, four years ago, threw their support behind a scabrous, rapacious old bigot from Queens who once boasted that he could shoot someone in the middle of Fifth Avenue with impunity. The rest of us missed it, but when Trump said that, what a certain kind of armed American heard him say was that they could shoot someone in the middle of their Fifth Avenue. Trump’s desire to impose his will on other people by violence is what makes him relatable to the McCloskeys of America. You can only laugh so much at people this ridiculous and well-armed; the genius of the modern firearm is that even the inept can use it to kill. It’s like the presidency that way.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
correct it is very written

or typed at least

though I suppose it could have randomly sprung into existence on its own and been attributed to someone after the fact I do find that highly unlikely
an infinite number of monkeys with typewriters and time on their hands ...

Reactions: Jon

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
he did that to himself. I still want to know who turned him in
Supposedly someone googled his name and got a hit here because he gave his real name on here plugging his book.

I wonder if they were surprised when they found this place wasn’t a big Trump *********** meeting.

• Thank You
Reactions: Bamaro
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.