Will Alabama win a title in the next 4 years?

LSUgrad2BamaDad

All-SEC
May 5, 2016
Destrehan, LA
Does Saban have another title run (or more) in him? Recruiting hasn’t slowed and the talent is oozing.

Personally, unless LSU wins the next 4 which I know is impossible, I want Bama to win one while traitor2 is there. That must be a great feeling when you are a student. When I was at LSU, we won the SEC my Freshman year under archer (88), but were terrible in 89-91 under archer and Curley Hallman. I still remember getting skull dragged by Tennessee and walking out the stadium to jacknut TN fans giving us grief. Our response was “we got Shaq” which was nice and all, but it wasn’t football. Besides, love Shaq, but we greatly underachieved with him.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Odds are good as long as Saban is good, but its still tough as hell to win one. What Alabama has done since 2009 is not supposed to happen. If we were in the BCS era then I would say we definitely would see one, but the playoffs make it a little more difficult. I would say probably, but not definitely.

LSUgrad2BamaDad

All-SEC
May 5, 2016
Destrehan, LA
FWIW, Bama won the NC while I was attending in '92 - it was an amazing time. It had been a minute by then...
I was working in downtown Nola just after graduation in 92 and we used to go to a buffet lunch in one of the rooms at the super dome on Fridays. I remember we stayed a while watching the field get prepped for that game.

BearFoot

All-SEC
Mar 12, 2017
Fairhope, Alabama
I graduated in May of ‘93, with most of my senior year being spent inside The walls of Reese Phifer. I did however, make time to attend some practices...and all of the scrimmages. I had a friend who was on staff and would always put my name on the guest list. I even have one of the “Century if Champions” footballs (with the faux elephant skin panels) that this same friend got the team & coaches to autograph for me.

Even in my wildest imagination, I could never have dreamed-up a better scenario for my final year at the Capstone.

I believe Bama will win another one soon. If the defense were a touch better last year they likely would have.

FWIW, Bama won the NC while I was attending in '92 - it was an amazing time. It had been a minute by then...

XTS2

BamaNation Citizen
Jul 11, 2020
If not it will be the first time since 1995-2000 that Nick Saban goes 6 seasons without winning a championship.
There was only a 5 season gap, 2004-2008, between his first two titles and he spend two of those years in the NFL.

Reactions: seebell

XTS2

BamaNation Citizen
Jul 11, 2020
Even if it’s just 1 title and it isn’t until 2023 that would be 6 titles in 15 seasons. For Saban it would be 7 titles in 19 college seasons. GOAT

jjv0004

1st Team
Dec 13, 2017
Greenville, SC
Lots of competition with Ohio State, Clemson, LSU, Georgia and Oklahoma the possible reasons why Bama might not win one. But, I believe Bryce Young will be better than Tua and our defense is shaping up to be more like those dominant teams back in 2009-2012. I think there will be at least 1 title in the next 4 years assuming we don't lose 2 years to Covid.

Reactions: Tenntiderman

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.