Mets star Yoenis Cespedes did not report to game vs ATL Braves today

BamaNation

Publisher and Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Apr 9, 1999
Silicon Slopes
TideFans.com
Cespedes has opted out of the remainder of the season
When your contract is 4 years, $110mm (and you're getting $6mm even in this shortened season) and you haven't played in 2 years but you're still getting paid and you're a free agent at the end of the year ... one might choose to do the decent thing and call before the game and let'em know you're taking it to the house. He was batting .162 so I think this is more about quitting on his team than "corona-related absense."

Reactions: Go Bama

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
When your contract is 4 years, $110mm (and you're getting $6mm even in this shortened season) and you haven't played in 2 years but you're still getting paid and you're a free agent at the end of the year ... one might choose to do the decent thing and call before the game and let'em know you're taking it to the house. He was batting .162 so I think this is more about quitting on his team than "corona-related absense."
Agreed

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
I agree 100%, but since he is a Met, I'll give him a pass. :LOL:

Guido

All-SEC
Feb 24, 2017
well said, nailed it.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.