ACC TO PLAY 10 GAME CONFERENCE SCHEDULE

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
I think the ACC got this right and punked the SEC. You’ll never convince me that SC playing Clemson is riskier than SC playing aTm. We’ll also never hear the end of this from the ACC fans. Apparently, it doesn’t “just mean more”.
How, exactly, did the ACC "punk" the SEC? If anything, it was the other way around.

The ACC assumed the SEC wanted the same things but did not bother to ask. Had they asked then the two conferences might have reached an agreement, but the ACC did their own thing and got burned.

BamaSC

All-SEC
Oct 17, 1999
Chapin, SC
How, exactly, did the ACC "punk" the SEC? If anything, it was the other way around.

The ACC assumed the SEC wanted the same things but did not bother to ask. Had they asked then the two conferences might have reached an agreement, but the ACC did their own thing and got burned.
They publicly came out willing to keep the 4 ACC/SEC rivalry games alive. The SEC isn't going to allow it. Optics are the SEC is backing down to the ACC and that's exactly what I'm hearing from a lot of ACC fans.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
They publicly came out willing to keep the 4 ACC/SEC rivalry games alive. The SEC isn't going to allow it. Optics are the SEC is backing down to the ACC and that's exactly what I'm hearing from a lot of ACC fans.
Optics are what the individual decides they are in this and everything else. I don't really care what ACC fans think. If they weren't whining about this, they would be whining about something else.

Con

Hall of Fame
Dec 19, 2006
Northern Hemisphere
Optics are what the individual decides they are in this and everything else. I don't really care what ACC fans think. If they weren't whining about this, they would be whining about something else.
Exactly, I am sure Wake Forest and Duke are pounding their chests that the mighty SEC was afraid to play the "other" ACC schools. Talk is cheap because that is all it is.

ALA2262

All-American
Aug 4, 2007
Cumming, GA
Or if they say the opponent has to be in-state, we could add South, UNA, JSU, Troy, or <gasp> UAB. UNA and JSU are unlikely because they're FCS. So South, Troy or <gasp> UAB...?
It will take more than a virus for that to happen. Like hades freezing over or the world coming to an end.

USCBAMA

All-SEC
Sep 21, 2001
Columbia, SC, Richland
I think the ACC got this right and punked the SEC. You’ll never convince me that SC playing Clemson is riskier than SC playing aTm. We’ll also never hear the end of this from the ACC fans. Apparently, it doesn’t “just mean more”.
Bad look for SEC, and no logic behind it. Why would SEC cower from playing ACC (FSU, Clemson, GT)? Makes no sense, and certainly not saving any lives (as if traveling from Columbia to Arkansas is somehow safer than traveling from Columbia to Clemson).

• Haha
Reactions: NationalTitles18

BamaSully

1st Team
Oct 13, 1999
Jackson, TN
This was a knife in the back to USC, UGA, and UF. At a minimum make an exception for those 3 schools. No logic in this decision.
That’s hilarious. The logic is obvious.

When things evolve throughout the season we will have a better chance to be able to quickly adapt with it if we don’t have to negotiate with another conference. We control our own testing and PPE requirements and social distancing protocols.

If you know football at all, you already know the SEC ain’t backing down from any other conference

USCBAMA

All-SEC
Sep 21, 2001
Columbia, SC, Richland
That’s hilarious. The logic is obvious.

When things evolve throughout the season we will have a better chance to be able to quickly adapt with it if we don’t have to negotiate with another conference. We control our own testing and PPE requirements and social distancing protocols.

If you know football at all, you already know the SEC ain’t backing down from any other conference
So you’re suggesting Clemson & USC would somehow conspire to undermine SEC rules on Covid protection requirements? What do you propose would be their motivation to do such a silly, unpopular thing?

BamaSully

1st Team
Oct 13, 1999
Jackson, TN
So you’re suggesting Clemson & USC would somehow conspire to undermine SEC rules on Covid protection requirements? What do you propose would be their motivation to do such a silly, unpopular thing?
lol that’s an awful lot words to put in someone’s mouth

:ROFLMAO:

When quick decisions need to be made, with fewer decision-makers involved, there will be less agendas and conflicting priorities and therefore the process will be more efficient. It’s really simple logic.

Reactions: The Ols

USCBAMA

All-SEC
Sep 21, 2001
Columbia, SC, Richland
lol that’s an awful lot words to put in someone’s mouth

:ROFLMAO:

When quick decisions need to be made, with fewer decision-makers involved, there will be less agendas and conflicting priorities and therefore the process will be more efficient. It’s really simple logic.
There is no medical reason for this decision is the point. Making USC fly to Oxford instead of driving to Clemson isn't saving lives...it isn't doing anything.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.