2021 Prospect: 3* DB Kyhree Jackson commits to Bama (soon to be 4*)

Jkl0802

1st Team
Apr 9, 2015
Stuttgart, Germany
I am very glad we got another athletically talented DB. I get it that his athleticism and body development are as good as can be measured, and trusted folks like Jam and TiderJack have indicated he could be a one and done player B.U.T. I think it’s extremely unfair and unhelpful for the recruiting services to place incredibly high expectations on a football player entering the highest level of college competition (in order to best prepare himself to succeed at even higher levels). Many 4 and 5 star recruits have hit the campus and then spent time developing both athletic and cognitive skills necessary to play college football at the highest level.

I think we should be excited a talented CB committed to Alabama...and recommend we stop mentioning one and done until we witness Jackson get on the field, then start at Alabama, and then play at a level that would enable him to be viewed as a first round draft selection. If he can do all of the above it would be an extremely rare occurrence....an almost a miracle level expectation.

Last edited:

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
Think you may have missed this word. He never said he was a one and done
He is not the one to decide if he is one and done. The NFL will let him know if he is one and done. The word possibly was used as it was intended and yes, he has to prove it on the field but he has the measureables that could lead to being one and done if he continues to develop.

Reactions: The Ols

Jkl0802

1st Team
Apr 9, 2015
Stuttgart, Germany
Well, I think we are now quibbling over the word “possibly.” If you and I were talking and you said someone was “possibly one and done,” I would think you believed the chances were very good he would be one and done.

So ya, I’d agree with you if you think “possibly one and done” could also be stated as “maybe it takes 2 years” and also stated as “I didn’t say it would not take 3 years.” The bottom line is no one can predict with certainty how long it will take a player to be ready for big time college or NFL football.

Reactions: TiderJack

Jkl0802

1st Team
Apr 9, 2015
Stuttgart, Germany
He is not the one to decide if he is one and done. The NFL will let him know if he is one and done. The word possibly was used as it was intended and yes, he has to prove it on the field but he has the measureables that could lead to being one and done if he continues to develop.
I agree wholeheartedly with you TiderJack

Reactions: TiderJack

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
As much as I don't want him to a one n done player, if he is & he has the talent to do so, it means he will have put on one helluva show every game..

We know when our DB's have a great season in Coach Saban's system..We usually win NC's & I can live with that..

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
Well, I think we are now quibbling over the word “possibly.” If you and I were talking and you said someone was “possibly one and done,” I would think you believed the chances were very good he would be one and done.

So ya, I’d agree with you if you think “possibly one and done” could also be stated as “maybe it takes 2 years” and also stated as “I didn’t say it would not take 3 years.” The bottom line is no one can predict with certainty how long it will take a player to be ready for big time college or NFL football.
I agree some are quibbling over the word possibly. You may believe possibly means chances are very good but by definition the word possibly means perhaps or it is possible which I believe it is. I think your belief of what possibly means would need to be phrased as "it is a very good possibility" or "it is a high likelihood possibility" he is one and done and that is not what I said.

Jkl0802

1st Team
Apr 9, 2015
Stuttgart, Germany
I agree some are quibbling over the word possibly. You may believe possibly means chances are very good but by definition the word possibly means perhaps or it is possible which I believe it is. I think your belief of what possibly means would need to be phrased as "it is a very good possibility" or "it is a high likelihood possibility" he is one and done and that is not what I said.
Simply put, I believe in saying what you mean. No more, no less.

• Facepalm
Reactions: Relayer

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.