Instate Recruiting

Dave'stwin

Suspended
Dec 21, 2016
It’s amazing how Bama either views the instate talent year to year or is able to secure it. In 2020 Bama signed 8 of the top 12 players. In 2021, at least as they’re now ranked and committed, Bama will at most sign 3 of the top 12. I realize Saban doesn’t recruit based off recruiting rankings but history has shown he and the recruiter analysts see somewhat eye to eye or Bama wouldn’t consistently land the top class or close to it. If Bama had the same level of instate commitments in 2021 as they did in 2020, they would have the top class right now per the 247 Composite. Anyway, I would love to know why Bama either this year disagrees with the recruiting analysts on the instate talent or what happened on the recruiting end? Though of course, that’s something I’ll never know unless Saban one day puts it in his memoirs!

gymcoach

1st Team
Dec 6, 2006
Kids grow up rooting for either Bama or the school down the road,😂, and that plays a lot into their decisions. Some may choose to go with the best fit but most are diehards for one or the other schools. It could be 2021 there are more top rated players that grew up rooting against Bama and for the other school. Who knows but I can guarantee Bama will be fine either way.

• Roll Tide!
Reactions: The Ols

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
The '20 Alabama class was much deeper than the '21 class. We are taking other out of state OLB's over the # 2 or #3 player in the state. Out of the top 12 per 247Sports there are 5 players with commitable offers and we have commitments from 2 of them and KoolAid is undecided. Lee Hunter and Dylan Brooks are the other two that I believe we would accept a commitment from. We would not have the top class if we had the same amount of Alabama kids committed in this class and we would actually be lower since most of our out of state players are highly rated elite players. There are very good years and just good years and '21 is just a good year IMO.

Dave'stwin

Suspended
Dec 21, 2016
The '20 Alabama class was much deeper than the '21 class. We are taking other out of state OLB's over the # 2 or #3 player in the state. Out of the top 12 per 247Sports there are 5 players with commitable offers and we have commitments from 2 of them and KoolAid is undecided. Lee Hunter and Dylan Brooks are the other two that I believe we would accept a commitment from. We would not have the top class if we had the same amount of Alabama kids committed in this class and we would actually be lower since most of our out of state players are highly rated elite players. There are very good years and just good years and '21 is just a good year IMO.

Dave'stwin

Suspended
Dec 21, 2016
Just as an FYI: In the 2021 rankings, if you take the number 1,2,4 and 5 players from Alabama (the same ranked players Bama signed in 2020) on the 247 Composite and plug their info into their class calculator, Bama would have the number one class right now (315.38). That was the basis of my statement. I’m not saying they’re better players than the ones who have committed thus far but they all hold offers from Bama so Saban must have wanted them.

BamaInBham

All-American
Feb 14, 2007
Just as an FYI: In the 2021 rankings, if you take the number 1,2,4 and 5 players from Alabama (the same ranked players Bama signed in 2020) on the 247 Composite and plug their info into their class calculator, Bama would have the number one class right now (315.38). That was the basis of my statement. I’m not saying they’re better players than the ones who have committed thus far but they all hold offers from Bama so Saban must have wanted them.
who would they replace

Reactions: atlbama

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.