Go Bama

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
16outa17essee

Go Bama

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
16outa17essee
A shot aimed at the ground likely would have made the fenced in dog let go from just the sound. Also taser, pepper spray I imagine.
It's a pretty fuzzy video. The white dog looks to have locked onto the black dogs muzzle and is attempting to pull the black dog through the fence with all his might. In seconds, the black dog is going to lose its muzzle and probably die.

If that is the situation, my first instinct is to kill the white dog. Your options of tasing or pepper spraying may have worked.

I would have put two in the white dog to get it out of its misery.

The officer's mistake was allowing the dogs to contact each other. I'm sure she realized that immediately.

I don't see this as an example of a bad cop.

• Thank You
Reactions: UAH

MattinBama

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2007
It's a pretty fuzzy video. The white dog looks to have locked onto the black dogs muzzle and is attempting to pull the black dog through the fence with all his might. In seconds, the black dog is going to lose its muzzle and probably die.

If that is the situation, my first instinct is to kill the white dog. Your options of tasing or pepper spraying may have worked.

I would have put two in the white dog to get it out of its misery.

The officer's mistake was allowing the dogs to contact each other. I'm sure she realized that immediately.

I don't see this as an example of a bad cop.
I see your point & it likely was a split second decision but I still feel they should be trained better (both in handling/reaction) - the white dog was just defending it’s property. It doesn’t know the law & is essentially the victim of an undertrained officer being on the streets.

Here’s another article about how often police are killing dogs-

This is the heartless, heartbreaking, hypocritical injustice that passes for law and order in America today. It is estimated that a dog is shot by a police officer “every 98 minutes”. The Department of Justice estimates that at least 25 dogs are killed by police every day.

Go Bama

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
16outa17essee
  • Wow
Reactions: UAH

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
Once you read all the facts, this one is unbelievable...

Homicide?
Something does not sound right.
The case was presented to the grand jury, but they declined to return a true bill.
That's not cops or the DA declining to charge. That was citizens of the community declining to charge the cop.
The author, however, throws around a lot of seemingly unsubstantiated allegations.
Was her firearm discharged? Why? I'm not sure why cops would visit a house uninvited for a "wellness check" (whatever that is), but if she was shooting at cops, then it is not going to end well.
If I was on the grand jury, I'd ask if she had powder residue on her hand, for example. That would tell me a lot.

• Thank You
Reactions: DogPatch

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Something does not sound right.
The case was presented to the grand jury, but they declined to return a true bill.
That's not cops or the DA declining to charge. That was citizens of the community declining to charge the cop.
The author, however, throws around a lot of seemingly unsubstantiated allegations.
Was her firearm discharged? Why? I'm not sure why cops would visit a house uninvited for a "wellness check" (whatever that is), but if she was shooting at cops, then it is not going to end well.
If I was on the grand jury, I'd ask if she had powder residue on her hand, for example. That would tell me a lot.
You are correct. There is a lot about it that doesn't make sense...

jthomas666

Hall of Fame
Aug 14, 2002
Birmingham & Warner Robins

MattinBama

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2007
Seven shots at point blank and he's still alive? Boy is that cop gonna get some ribbing from his buddies.
From what I've seen he has since died. Also apparently all of his kids were in the vehicle.

Edited- Still conflicting reports on whether he has passed or not.

Last edited:

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
Glad they were caught and are getting fired and fined. But I think they need jail time. Even if it is just 30 days. They were retaliating against a citizen who had filed a complaint. I don’t know what the complaint was about and maybe the citizen just likes to stir up trouble over every little thing, but cops can’t be doing that. I hold them to a higher standard.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.