sanjosecrimson

Hall of Fame
May 18, 2007
San Jose, California

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
OL William Parker out of Tennessee is trending to UT. I believe he announces on Sat. He is a back-up to Mims who is announcing in mid Oct. If we miss on Mims we may go back after Parker or we may stand pat.

Reactions: smith5753

BirminghamBAMA

1st Team
Dec 29, 2013
OL William Parker out of Tennessee is trending to UT. I believe he announces on Sat. He is a back-up to Mims who is announcing in mid Oct. If we miss on Mims we may go back after Parker or we may stand pat.
So..Parker Griffin has the green light to commit, but I've been hearing that Alabama hesitation in deciding if they would take him or wait on Mims, and Tennessee making him a priority has swayed things back Tennessee's way. He can commit to Bama...but I expect Tennessee.

BirminghamBAMA

1st Team
Dec 29, 2013
As expected Kentucky landed Burton. I also saw where Florida picked up a CB for Arnold from Steve Witfong. I wonder if any of the insiders on here have heard much on Arnold lately? I assume it will be a fight for him until the end with the state school.

https://247sports.com/college/footb...urton-commits-Mark-Stoops-Wildcats-150869932/
Do not get caught up in CBs...there is a new rumor every week about a favorite for Arnold..last week was UGA. Alabama is very much in it for him, and he isn't deciding soon. Just hold on for the ride.

sanjosecrimson

Hall of Fame
May 18, 2007
San Jose, California
Mentioned a few a weeks ago that Alabama was becoming a player in his recruitment, and people feel that it will come down to Bama or Ohio State for him.
my only hesitation with JTT is that he's from the west coast ( distance) and that could play a big factor when its all said and done. I know we have exceptions of high profile players like Najee to Bama and Milton to Georgia, but its just not very common. 5 * DE Korey Foreman from Cali de committed from Clemson is an example. BTW, I don't believe the hype with him trending to UGA. I love to be wrong about JTT.

Evil Crimson Dragon

Hall of Fame
Feb 4, 2018
Marietta, GA
So..Parker Griffin has the green light to commit, but I've been hearing that Alabama hesitation in deciding if they would take him or wait on Mims, and Tennessee making him a priority has swayed things back Tennessee's way. He can commit to Bama...but I expect Tennessee.
Hopefully Bama gets one of them...... the O Line is already excellent, but another would be good

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
my only hesitation with JTT is that he's from the west coast ( distance) and that could play a big factor when its all said and done. I know we have exceptions of high profile players like Najee to Bama and Milton to Georgia, but its just not very common. 5 * DE Korey Foreman from Cali de committed from Clemson is an example. BTW, I don't believe the hype with him trending to UGA. I love to be wrong about JTT.
You are probably referring to JTT staying on the west coast regarding distance. However, the distance from his hometown in Washington is 2400 miles to Columbus and 2500 to Tuscaloosa. Hoping he decides distance is not a factor.....

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
San Jose, Bham, and others, What is Alabama's position on prospects waiting until February? Are they trying to get most of the class signed in December and possibility go after 1-2 prospect with minimal risk? Or they may warn the potential signee that there may not be a spot for them if they wait til Feb... ?

BirminghamBAMA

1st Team
Dec 29, 2013
San Jose, Bham, and others, What is Alabama's position on prospects waiting until February? Are they trying to get most of the class signed in December and possibility go after 1-2 prospect with minimal risk? Or they may warn the potential signee that there may not be a spot for them if they wait til Feb... ?
Depends on the prospect, Alabama will keep a spot for ELITE players like Xavian Sorey, Terrion Arnold, JTT, etc..and some have to hop on while the getting is good. Coach Saban learned from the first year to have most of your class wrapped by the early signing period, and go after a few luxury options on the late signing period. Alabama only has about 6-7 spots left so this class is close to finished.

jjv0004

1st Team
Dec 13, 2017
Greenville, SC
Mississippi State insider Steve Robertson has predicted Kadarius Calloway back to Mississippi State with confidence level of 8? What? Robertson is at 88% for is 2021 accuracy. I am hoping he is wrong if we miss on McKinstry and Arnold. We would only have Williams, Smith and Jackson in the fold.

• Thank You
Reactions: TiderJack

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
I saw where Cadarius Calloway got a CB to Miss St from a MSU insider. Wondering if we have backed off or if MSU is making a move on him. BhamBama, SJC or Jam?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.