2021 Prospect: 2021 Recruiting Targets

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guido

All-SEC
Feb 24, 2017
Don't know...I googled it...but that'd be a solid guess...
if your guess is correct than to say there are no schollys is misleading, you can call it financial aid, but it's a scholly. same thing. no big deal, i wonder when an AD at a big time school is deciding between nike, underamour, rebook , for the license deal, hey i need some of those IMG kids, could that play a role in the decision? just wondering.

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham
if your guess is correct than to say there are no schollys is misleading, you can call it financial aid, but it's a scholly. same thing. no big deal, i wonder when an AD at a big time school is deciding between nike, underamour, rebook , for the license deal, hey i need some of those IMG kids, could that play a role in the decision? just wondering.
You mean like how most of the Nike funded AAU kids end up at Kentucky Duke North Carolina, etc. ?

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
Is early signing day (effectively, the real signing day) still December 16?

Just wondering if there has been anything from the NCAA about pushing it back.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
Is early signing day (effectively, the real signing day) still December 16?

Just wondering if there has been anything from the NCAA about pushing it back.
As far as I know 12/16/20 is still the date. I have not seen any adjustments to that date. The NCAA did make Covid adjustments for basketball and other sports after it broke out earlier this year so it could happen.

Guido

All-SEC
Feb 24, 2017
I don't see it changing. The early date was to help the kids, not the schools. More than ever, locking in early is in their best interest.
so you think they are sticking with the normal 2 dates? i agree with the thought about committing early, go for certainty in uncertain times.

Reactions: B1GTide

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
so you think they are sticking with the normal 2 dates? i agree with the thought about committing early, go for certainty in uncertain times.
I wouldn't bet on anything related to the NCAA, but that is what I believe - that the dates will remain the same.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
BOL has a premium article saying 5* OT Amarius Mims plans another visit to T-town before he commits on 10/14. That is good news. UGA probably has a slight lead but we are still very much in it.

• Roll Tide!
Reactions: The Ols

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
so I don’t pay for the recruiting sites but I do look at them often. And I seen this below. In it it refers to recruits looking elsewhere and has pictures of Latham and Turner. So are they looking so where else? Or is this just click bait?

I think they are both rock solid. I think most times an article title ends with a question mark it is click bait.

Reactions: Mjme34

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
I wouldn't bet on anything related to the NCAA, but that is what I believe - that the dates will remain the same.
Heard this question discussed on Sirius earlier today.

Consensus was that both players and coaches want the 12/16 date, so it would stay as is, never mind the extension of the dead period.

Now, I know the NCAA knows best and doesn’t really care what players or coaches think. So we’ll see. But I’m cautiously optimistic that the 12/16 date stays.

Guido

All-SEC
Feb 24, 2017
Heard this question discussed on Sirius earlier today.

Consensus was that both players and coaches want the 12/16 date, so it would stay as is, never mind the extension of the dead period.

Now, I know the NCAA knows best and doesn’t really care what players or coaches think. So we’ll see. But I’m cautiously optimistic that the 12/16 date stays.
Does the extension of the dead period help or harm us?

Guido

All-SEC
Feb 24, 2017
I tend to agree, it seems our remaining slots will be filled guys who are not committed now, not flippers. I must say there have been less flipping this year than i expected.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.