It's immoral to schedule Clemson versus Citadel

cubzwin

Suspended
Jan 30, 2018
Yeah, I get it that the non-football power gets a payday and the Power school gets to work out the kinks and play backups but the Citadel players see little benefit. It is immoral to ask young student athletes to risk concussion, ACL tear, Covid--possible lifelong injury (even, very rarely, death) to serve as slaughter victims to football powerhouses. Also no fun to watch. I'm glad the virus has prevented the SEC this year from this sort of ridiculous and unethical spectacle.

DogPatch

Suspended
Dec 4, 2018
Tuscaloosa
Yeah, I get it that the non-football power gets a payday and the Power school gets to work out the kinks and play backups but the Citadel players see little benefit. It is immoral to ask young student athletes to risk concussion, ACL tear, Covid--possible lifelong injury (even, very rarely, death) to serve as slaughter victims to football powerhouses. Also no fun to watch. I'm glad the virus has prevented the SEC this year from this sort of ridiculous and unethical spectacle.
I thought this was going to be a "We hate Clemson" thread. Oh well, nothing to see here . . . Moving along.

• Haha
Reactions: UAllday

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
It's like the Third Reich fighting Luxembourg.
There, a gratuitous Nazi reference for the-Barn-with-a-Lake.

Saban4Ever

All-American
Sep 27, 2016
Cobb County GA
I did not watch Clemson today but just went to ESPN.com to see what the score was and the stats. Looks like Trevor only threw 9 passes but got 3 TD's out of it. DJ Ugaleili played and so did their 3rd string QB. It's still the 4th quarter and it is 49-0. . I noticed Sweeney's 2 sons had catches too.

Must be nice to play that many backups the whole season and keep starters injury free. I hope Notre Dame beats them but I doubt that will happen.

Reactions: The Ols and B1GTide

Padreruf

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2001
Charleston, South Carolina
I did not watch Clemson today but just went to ESPN.com to see what the score was and the stats. Looks like Trevor only threw 9 passes but got 3 TD's out of it. DJ Ugaleili played and so did their 3rd string QB. It's still the 4th quarter and it is 49-0. . I noticed Sweeney's 2 sons had catches too.

Must be nice to play that many backups the whole season and keep starters injury free. I hope Notre Dame beats them but I doubt that will happen.
It was 49-0 at halftime...Dabo has eased up considerably...

cubzwin

Suspended
Jan 30, 2018
It's like a lightweight boxer fighting a heavyweight--a complete mismatch in terms of speed, strength, agility and size. Force = mass X acceleration. Few if any Citadel players would be 1's or 2's at Clemson or Alabama. You think it's fair to send these young men against LSU or Ohio State? just shows that morality is subjective. Important lessons learned in the first grade: pick on someone your own size. BCS conference schools should play within conference and if any non-conference games conference games are played they should be against schools from other BCS conferences. I think CNS would agree.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
It's like a lightweight boxer fighting a heavyweight--a complete mismatch in terms of speed, strength, agility and size. Force = mass X acceleration. Few if any Citadel players would be 1's or 2's at Clemson or Alabama. You think it's fair to send these young men against LSU or Ohio State? just shows that morality is subjective. Important lessons learned in the first grade: pick on someone your own size. BCS conference schools should play within conference and if any non-conference games conference games are played they should be against schools from other BCS conferences. I think CNS would agree.
This is the kind of game that they know they cannot win, but still look forward to more than any other on their schedule. It is as if you believe that these players are being forced into this. It is quite the opposite. They wouldn't miss the opportunity - unless they were not allowed to have it by those who do not think they are worthy.

DogPatch

Suspended
Dec 4, 2018
Tuscaloosa
Few if any Citadel players would be 1's or 2's at Clemson or Alabama. You think it's fair to send these young men against LSU or Ohio State? just shows that morality is subjective. Important lessons learned in the first grade: pick on someone your own size. BCS conference schools should play within conference and if any non-conference games conference games are played they should be against schools from other BCS conferences. I think CNS would agree..
I don't think he would.

Bama 50 - Citadel 17

Reactions: UAllday

cubzwin

Suspended
Jan 30, 2018
“I’ve always been an advocate of playing all Power 5 schools,” Saban said. “I think we need to have more really, really good games on TV and for the players. And we can’t have fans pay a lot of money for tickets and boxes … for games that no one is interested in watching.

Reactions: howmag

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.