Any New Shows or Hobbies During Covid?

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
Has anybody taken up a new hobby, discovered an old one, or found a new show you never watched before?

I'm actually watching two that - well, I was busy doing school, etc - I never saw before, but I like: The Sopranos and MASH.
I've also been working on Chopin's A-flat major polonaise which I'll likely never learn.

Rolltide51

1st Team
Nov 24, 2019
Has anybody taken up a new hobby, discovered an old one, or found a new show you never watched before?

I'm actually watching two that - well, I was busy doing school, etc - I never saw before, but I like: The Sopranos and MASH.
I've also been working on Chopin's A-flat major polonaise which I'll likely never learn.
no new hobbies... just a shift in how much time i spend on them. many more mile running since it is a stay at home/in the neighborhood activity and less time on woodworking and making hypertufa planters since that requires shopping. have made a couple of trips to lowes in the last week and people are wearing masks which is encouraging ( orande county florida area). also watching a lot of black and white 1930's-1950's serials/movies on fire-tv in the evenings. good luck with Chopin.

Relayer

Hall of Fame
Mar 25, 2001
Doing a little birdwatching. Put up a couple feeding stations and seeing species I never noticed before.

Pining to see a Norwegian Blue. Remarkable bird, the Norwegian Blue. Beautiful plumage.

Reactions: UAH

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
I have done a couple of 1000 piece puzzles. I am currently working on a 2000 piece puzzle. I didn't think I had a table big enough for the 2000 piece one to fit on then I remembered my old drafting table which is plenty big enough to put the finished pieces together. Right now it is on 2 different tables.

I am still biking and back to biking long distances. The trails are so crowded on weekends, I have started biking roads again. Not even nervous about it anymore. I am just a lot more aware of my surroundings.

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
I realize we were about 10 years behind the rest of the world, but we watched Breaking Bad for the first time during March - May.

Also watched Babylon Berlin start to finish over the course of 6 weeks or so....highly recommend it. Not for kids, though — a fair amount of nudity and implied (i.e., not graphic) sex.

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
Had Mohs skin cancer surgery last Monday, squamous cell carcinoma. Before that I had upped my daily walking to 45 minutes every morning. Early walking still dark most days, but the doctor told me to lay off until for a week, so I have been out of my routine which has irritated me. My youngest daughter finally got me setup for Netflix, Hulu and Peacock, so I have watched more TV than usual.

Reactions: crimsonaudio

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
I've doubled-down on my exercise regiment, am currently in the best shape I've been in in a couple of decades.

Cut the cord wrt cable a couple of months ago - we just don't watch tv anymore. We occasionally stream movies and such, but not much more than our current library plus Netflix / AmazonPrime video.. Looks like I'll need to figure something out or I'll miss Bama games, but I refuse to sign up for a streaming package we just won't use outside of watching a football game or two per week. I might just wait and watch replays, I dunno.

Worst case I just have more time to get better.

Rolltide51

1st Team
Nov 24, 2019
I've doubled-down on my exercise regiment, am currently in the best shape I've been in in a couple of decades.

Cut the cord wrt cable a couple of months ago - we just don't watch tv anymore. We occasionally stream movies and such, but not much more than our current library plus Netflix / AmazonPrime video.. Looks like I'll need to figure something out or I'll miss Bama games, but I refuse to sign up for a streaming package we just won't use outside of watching a football game or two per week. I might just wait and watch replays, I dunno.

Worst caseI just have more time to get better.
i hear you. my cable pkg. (tv/phone/cable) jut went up $5 to $200.47 (spectrum). i am just waiting until football season is over to cut the tv out ($90) and just watch fire tv. the cable company will probably come back with a counter offer so i will see. i really need to do serious research on how to watch games another way since i have had cable only for that purpose for a long time now.

crimson fan man

Hall of Fame
Aug 12, 2002
Athens Al
I believe if you like spectrum you can do just a streaming service that is a lot cheaper then cable. You still need internet to watch which I could not live without.

Padreruf

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2001
Charleston, South Carolina
Had Mohs skin cancer surgery last Monday, squamous cell carcinoma. Before that I had upped my daily walking to 45 minutes every morning. Early walking still dark most days, but the doctor told me to lay off until for a week, so I have been out of my routine which has irritated me. My youngest daughter finally got me setup for Netflix, Hulu and Peacock, so I have watched more TV than usual.
I was walking and all that...but have grown tired and the weather was incredibly hot and humid until about 2 weeks ago. At least I can play golf every day -- when my back is not killing me.

CrimsonTheory

All-American
Mar 26, 2012
CrimsonBleedRed
Cobra Kai has been a lot better than I was expecting. William Zapka is pure gold. Been playing a lot of MTG Arena (yes.....NEEERRRRRRDDDDDDD!!!!!!). Been watching a lot of youtube like adoseofbuckley, cinemasins, etc.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.