2021 Prospect: 5* OT Tommy Brockermeyer commits to Bama

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
His sophomore tape is amazing. He gets vertical too quick, and needs to learn to manage his hands a little better, but his footwork is great and he plays mean. Watch this clip:

That is some great footwork and bend. He has got some nastiness similar to Landon Dickerson which I love in a OL.

Another thing about his ranking is incredible genetics and his dad is his and James OL coach in HS. You know they don't take any plays off during practice.

Reactions: B1GTide

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Seems to have a knack for getting into his opponent’s head and causing frustration...
A ton of that was him playing through the whistle. Very few players do that at any age, much less in HS. Even if the play was away from him, he was working.

Reactions: Jay Hughes

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
His sophomore tape is amazing. He gets vertical too quick, and needs to learn to manage his hands a little better, but his footwork is great and he plays mean. Watch this clip:

Good assessment, B1G. He is one mean [....], and that constant motor will get in a DL or LB’s head after a couple quarters’ pounding.

I do wonder if some of what he does would get called holding in the SEC (or, at least, in the officials’ definition of holding as it applies to Alabama), and/or if he might get some personal fouls.

Flood might have to coach him out of some of that. Still, have to love the motor and the mean streak, both intangibles that are hard to coach into a player if he wasn’t born with them.

Last edited:
Reactions: B1GTide

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
This might sound more critical of the young man than I intend( I think it’s absolutely fantastic that both he and his brother are coming and both obviously have terrific skills and attitude) but to expect him to dominate the level of competition he’ll face, particularly early on, as he did in HS is unfair. That’s of course assuming that anyone on this board has those expectations!

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
This might sound more critical of the young man than I intend( I think it’s absolutely fantastic that both he and his brother are coming and both obviously have terrific skills and attitude) but to expect him to dominate the level of competition he’ll face, particularly early on, as he did in HS is unfair. That’s of course assuming that anyone on this board has those expectations!
I don't think anyone would expect dominating like HS is going to happen but certainly competing for a starting OT position is expected. We have started plenty of true freshmen on the OL and I think Tommy and Latham have that potential.

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
I don't think anyone would expect dominating like HS is going to happen but certainly competing for a starting OT position is expected. We have started plenty of true freshmen on the OL and I think Tommy and Latham have that potential.
Could very well. Pretty sure he will sooner than much later.

AlBamaWagg

1st Team
Jan 3, 2007
Mt Juliet, Tn
The photo in the article doesn't seem to represent the actual sizes of the family members. At the NFL combine, Blake was 6' 4", 300#. James is 6' 3", 275#. Tommy 6' 6", 285. Dad looks 4 or 5 inches taller than James, and looks like he can still play. Take his commitment too!! Mom can be a Cheerleader
!!

The Ols

Hall of Fame
Jul 8, 2012
Cumming,Ga.
Here is another interview with father Blake. Speaks more about their attributes on the field. We are obviously getting two good ones.

This is the second mention of
Drs. Rhea & Ballou as contributing factors to elite athletes committing to Alabama...
CNS knocked it out of the yard w/those two.
I say that confidently and we haven’t
even seen any of their on field results yet.

Reactions: Con and TiderJack

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
I just saw where the Brockermeyer brothers team beat their opponent 70-50 in their opener. I see Texas high school football defenses have adapted the Big 12 style of play. Wow!

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.