Bama Game Thread: Official PostGame Thread - Bama vs. Ole Miss...

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL
I guess I’m just too old to appreciate games where over 110 total points are scored and 1300+ yards of total offense.

Yeah the offenses were very good tonight. Much of that being a product of how bad both defenses played.

BamaBuc

All-American
May 12, 2003
St. Pete Beach, FL
crimson-fan.neocities.org
I'll take the win.

But I've not only put my crow recipes away wrt Golding, I'm *this* close to being done with him. His defenses make the game miserable to watch. Therefore, you might not see me much (though you've barely seen me thus far this year) in the game threads as I might have to ban myself.

Bama won't win a NC with Golding as DC. I'd love to be wrong, but nothing has indicated otherwise so far.
Gosh, I wish I could disagree with ya, but alas, there's nothing in the cupboard to support it...!

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
I’m not one that usually calls for replacements, much less during the year, but I think Golding has to be seriously evaluated or at the very least have the traditional “co” next to his title. At some point you have to find a game in which his defense performed well against a good opponent and all I can come up with is Michigan. I think Charlie has to be involved because we are being totally outclassed by better coaches on offense.

Con

Hall of Fame
Dec 19, 2006
Northern Hemisphere
Roll Tide! Not a fun game to watch if you were hoping for a national championship. Our defense was as bad as I have ever seen it. I’m glad they blinked first.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
I'll take the win.

But I've not only put my crow recipes away wrt Golding, I'm *this* close to being done with him. His defenses make the game miserable to watch. Therefore, you might not see me much (though you've barely seen me thus far this year) in the game threads as I might have to ban myself.

Bama won't win a NC with Golding as DC. I'd love to be wrong, but nothing has indicated otherwise so far.
He's in over his head and that was more than obvious tonight. At some point in the second half it appeared Saban finally "gave up" on yelling at Golding. If he didn't know before he has to know after tonight that he has DC in over his head and unqualified to be the DC at Alabama. It looked like amateur night at the comedy club on defense.

Last edited:

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.
I'll take the win.

Got to agree. Pete called a poor game, or he didn't prepare our guys. Either way, I officially jumped ship on Pete..

BamaHoosier

All-American
Jan 17, 2011
Noblesville Indiana
I’m glad we won and never really doubted we would. However, that win felt more like a loss than any other game I’ve ever watched in my life. The only other game I can compare this sick post-game feeling to was the Miss St game after Tua was injured. That though was a tragic temporary personnel setback, and this honestly feels like the end of an era.

As an eternal optimist, I always assumed our D would find a way to pull it together. Tonight not only did that not happen, the D got more lost as the game went on. We got gashed on the edges and no adjustments were made to seal them. We were giving up running lanes a mile wide up the middle. Our secondary was two steps behind their receivers on almost every route. We couldn’t even get them off the field on 3rd and 10+.

I’d feel better if we’d survived a game where Lane threw his entire playbook at us, but he didn’t. Outside of some misdirections, he ran a very straightforward gameplan, and we had no answers.

There’s just no way to excuse the lack of strategy, adjustment, or execution tonight. I don’t see how we can possibly move forward without some pretty drastic changes to the defensive hierarchy.

At least we live to fight another day. For now, I bid you all an exhausted Roll Tide

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
He's in over his head and that was more than obvious tonight. At some point in the second half it appeared Saban finally "gave up" on yelling at Golding. If he didn't know before he has to know after tonight. He has DC in over his head and unqualified to be the DC at Alabama. It looked like amateur night at the comedy club on defense.
Give me 12 months studying under CNS and I could field a defense at least as good as the garbage we saw tonight.

I've been saying he was in over his head for years now, how does Saban not see it?

SMH

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.