Any Seniors Coming Back?

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
I think that every team will have some, and for a variety of reasons. Most will stay just for the additional year of free education, but at schools like Alabama they will stay to improve their draft stock.

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
Sure would like to see a couple on the O line stay. That would be Leatherwood ( don`t think so ), D. Browne ( mayyyybeee. ), Dickerson ( probably not, but would love to see it ). It`ll depend a lot I guess on where they`re ranked by position. CNS` counsel will be invaluable in a situation like this , I would think. That`s IF they`re insightful and mature enough to listen to him.

Reactions: FaninLA

smith5753

1st Team
Sep 12, 2010
Guntersville , AL
Sure would like to see a couple on the O line stay. That would be Leatherwood ( don`t think so ), D. Browne ( mayyyybeee. ), Dickerson ( probably not, but would love to see it ). It`ll depend a lot I guess on where they`re ranked by position. CNS` counsel will be invaluable in a situation like this , I would think. That`s IF they`re insightful and mature enough to listen to him.
I think Leatherwood is high draft pick. The way Dickerson has played this year has caught the attention of a lot of people and he is likely working his way into a solid pick as well. I'm not sure about Browne.

Reactions: seebell and The Ols

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
Keeping it to only Seniors....

I’d be surprised if Leatherwood or Dickerson stay. D. Brown? Maybe. Maybe not. I could also see Chris Owens possibly staying.

Forristall might stay...or maybe not. I could see him trying to improve draft stock, but could also see him getting tired of football, and ready to get on with life.

Smith and Najee both have to leave. BRob? I’m optimistic he stays. Sanders seems to be giving signs of coming around, but the sample size is way too small to say for sure yet. Without BRob, he’s the guy, and that makes me a bit uneasy.

Moses has to leave. LaBryan Ray will be an interesting call...he’s talented, but has been hurt so much, I’m not sure where he would rate on a draft.

Additionally, we‘ll lose several juniors:
Waddle for sure.
Surtain for sure.
maybe Mac — that will be an interesting decision to watch play out, both in its own right, and in its impact on Bryce Young’s thinking.

bamaslammer

All-American
Jan 8, 2003
Argo, AL, St Clair
www.kirkwoodhouse.com
I would not be surprised to see Brob stay, as well as Carl Tucker, Chris Ownes, LaBryan Ray, possibly Josh McMillon and Ben Davis.

I don't see Forrestall, the beating he's taken on his body, he may need to try the NFL route sooner rather than later. All the players on my above list stand a good chance of playing more or being starters, except for Ray, who has continued to underperform and stay injured, one last chance to make some money for him.

• Roll Tide!
Reactions: CoolBreeze

Blueguitar

3rd Team
Nov 19, 2017
maybe Mac — that will be an interesting decision to watch play out, both in its own right, and in its impact on Bryce Young’s thinking.
If Mac continues to play at this level, he should leave after this year. It seems unlikely that he could improve his draft stock by staying. With Smith, Waddle, Najee and a big chunk of the OL gone, it would be really hard for him to replicate this performance next year, much less improve on it. And with Bryce Young breathing down his neck, the hook may come out quickly if Mac falters at all.

As for BY, provided that Sarkasian is still here I doubt that he will leave even if Mac does stay, unless there are personal issues that make him want to be closer to home. One wobbly game from Mac with new receivers and new O line might be all that it would take for him to overtake Mac. And Sarkasian's record for quarterback development is such that it is probably worth his while to stick around and wait his turn.

Last edited:

Bama9001

1st Team
Sep 26, 2017
The seniors that are really ready for the draft should start making their push after the bye week. Moses showed a lot of potential two years ago, missed last year, and hasn't played close to being a first rounder this year. There's still time to see him and Ray make their case down the stretch and in the playoffs. I saw Barmore listed as a first rounder in some mock draft.

Guys that will be 5th/6th year seniors getting that extra year, will they be eligible to grad transfer and not count against the numbers?

I want to see more of Carl Tucker...he's a guy that maybe we want to keep around.

If Charlie Scott punts effectively maybe he'll stay around.

BigPoppa52

3rd Team
Oct 25, 2020
I would not be surprised to see Brob stay, as well as Carl Tucker, Chris Ownes, LaBryan Ray, possibly Josh McMillon and Ben Davis.

I don't see Forrestall, the beating he's taken on his body, he may need to try the NFL route sooner rather than later. All the players on my above list stand a good chance of playing more or being starters, except for Ray, who has continued to underperform and stay injured, one last chance to make some money for him.
Not to be rude, but hasn't Ben Davis been a T-town since the great flood?

smith5753

1st Team
Sep 12, 2010
Guntersville , AL
Didn't I see that Dickerson was somebody's #2 rated center?
Not sure but that should place him in the second round maybe early third.
He is not a first rounder - at least, not right now.
No but could be a solid 2nd round guy if he continues to play well, which in my mind would be a go for an interior lineman. With him listed at 6'6" 325lbs I wonder if there could be any chance of him sliding to a tackle spot, ala Barret Jones, and creating more value for himself.

Reactions: B1GTide

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover
McShay during the MSU game said he had him as the #2 center prospect.
Main concern with the scouts is durability which he has had no problem with while at UA. His overwhelming strength is the fact that he has played and capable of playing any position on the OLine. I expect him to finally get paid for his talents next year.

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
Keeping it to only Seniors....

I’d be surprised if Leatherwood or Dickerson stay. D. Brown? Maybe. Maybe not. I could also see Chris Owens possibly staying.

Forristall might stay...or maybe not. I could see him trying to improve draft stock, but could also see him getting tired of football, and ready to get on with life.

Smith and Najee both have to leave. BRob? I’m optimistic he stays. Sanders seems to be giving signs of coming around, but the sample size is way too small to say for sure yet. Without BRob, he’s the guy, and that makes me a bit uneasy.

Moses has to leave. LaBryan Ray will be an interesting call...he’s talented, but has been hurt so much, I’m not sure where he would rate on a draft.

Additionally, we‘ll lose several juniors:
Waddle for sure.
Surtain for sure.
I tend to agree with 4Q on Mac. He may be the type player that wants to play out his eligibility and enjoy the rest of his college experience. Having gone to the Boles school I have a suspicion he doesn't need the money immediately.

Reactions: B1GTide

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
I would LOVE to have Dickerson come back, but I suspect he'll project well enough to go ahead and leave.
I would also but McShay has him as the #2 center in the draft. He will and should be gone. Deonte will go also especially with his injury history. I don't really see anybody coming back and we are bringing in a full class of new recruits so really no room.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.