Whats this "Leave Facebook go to Parler" thing

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Ive been getting slammed on Facebook with requests that I should leave Facebook and go to Parler from about 70% of my "friends". For whatever reason when I look at the Parler appeal I keep getting the feeling that this is a site for Quanon and Anti Vaxxers..... Am I reading this correctly, or is this more of a myspace to Facebook phenomenon?

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
Ive been getting slammed on Facebook with requests that I should leave Facebook and go to Parler from about 70% of my "friends". For whatever reason when I look at the Parler appeal I keep getting the feeling that this is a site for Quanon and Anti Vaxxers..... Am I reading this correctly?
I saw a few of those too. I left facebook Saturday because I was just tired of both sides. People I have known for years have lost their damn minds over this election. I have no idea what the hell parler is nor do I care what it is. Weirdly I did not post a long drawn out speech about leaving Facebook, I just left and have no intention of going back to it.

Reactions: MobtownK

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Mountainous Northern California
Ive been getting slammed on Facebook with requests that I should leave Facebook and go to Parler from about 70% of my "friends". For whatever reason when I look at the Parler appeal I keep getting the feeling that this is a site for Quanon and Anti Vaxxers..... Am I reading this correctly, or is this more of a myspace to Facebook phenomenon?
You're reading it correctly, but don't leave out the white supremacists and other general low lifes.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
I saw a few of those too. I left facebook Saturday because I was just tired of both sides. People I have known for years have lost their damn minds over this election. I have no idea what the hell parler is nor do I care what it is. Weirdly I did not post a long drawn out speech about leaving Facebook, I just left and have no intention of going back to it.
I hardly post on Facebook, and mostly have it to keep photos and keep in touch with my military buddies overseas. I have found that people are far more bold and vile behind a computer and will say things that they wouldnt say to your face online. This site is the only social media I actively give my opinions on because I dont know anyone, no one knows me, and it is strictly moderated (kudos mods). But the last few days I have been getting Parler invites out the butt and was just curious what it is.

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
I hardly post on Facebook, and mostly have it to keep photos and keep in touch with my military buddies overseas. I have found that people are far more bold and vile behind a computer and will say things that they wouldnt say to your face online. This site is the only social media I actively give my opinions on because I dont know anyone, no one knows me, and it is strictly moderated (kudos mods). But the last few days I have been getting Parler invites out the butt and was just curious what it is.
Same here. This is the only site I post my political leanings. If you asked most people on Facebook what my political stance is you would most likely get 2 different answers (maybe even 3). The only reason I even know I am getting parler requests is my email is getting the alert.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
I haven’t gotten an invitation but several friends have posted about it. There doesn’t seem to be a way to look at it without signing up. I did read somewhere it is set up like Twitter rather than Facebook.

Reactions: MobtownK

MobtownK

All-American
Nov 20, 2004
Mobile, Alabama, United States
The same people that claim to be censored (but post political bs all the time) & the ones posting those faux Jesus praying over Trump paintings, and the ones who go on political rants on their business pages, then complain about losing business are the ones I've seen so far going to parlor. Good riddance. I only use facebook to keep up with far flung family and friends & show off cute kid pictures and cat memes.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.