funny maine - how bama fans watched week 9

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham
I didn't catch that part. What did Funny Maine say about Trask?

My only criticism is he’s in late throwing tds to get those stats. I counted about three in games up by twenty or so in the fourth. The only solution for that is the I word, and I don’t want that on him.
A lot of his stats are some of his games are like our OM game and he’s got to keep firing.

Reactions: B1GTide

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
My only criticism is he’s in late throwing tds to get those stats. I counted about three in games up by twenty or so in the fourth. The only solution for that is the I word, and I don’t want that on him.
A lot of his stats are some of his games are like our OM game and he’s got to keep firing.
If I understand you correctly - you think Florida should be using it's backup QB more - in the games in which they have a sizeable lead late in the game?

Well Florida's backup QB, Emory Jones has 2 passing and 1 rushing TD so far in the season.

If you compare to Alabama, their backup QB, Bryce Young has only 1 passing TD so far this season.

I haven't tried to find how many minutes each played and in what part of the game (3rd or 4th quarter), but that stat seems to indicate Florida is taking Trask out at least for some parts of the game they play in.

But aside from arguing your point........since Trask and Mac are both candidates for some awards this season, I have no problem in their coaching staffs allowing them to accumulate whatever stats are helpful toward that end - as long as it doesn't compromise the good of the rest of the team and/or program. And I think that debate alone might deserve a thread of it's own.

The way I feel right now......BOTH Mac and Trask are having fantastic seasons and what I like the most about both players is the way they stayed with their respective teams while others were named the starter - they never gave up. They persevered and are finally seeing dividends on their "investment" of faith and dedication.

It's only natural for Funny Maine to poke fun at the competition - I get that. There's still quite a bit of football left to play and we'll see how things shake out. Let's just hope they both stay healthy and we get to play the rest of our games.

Reactions: B1GTide and Con

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
If I understand you correctly - you think Florida should be using it's backup QB more - in the games in which they have a sizeable lead late in the game?

Well Florida's backup QB, Emory Jones has 2 passing and 1 rushing TD so far in the season.

If you compare to Alabama, their backup QB, Bryce Young has only 1 passing TD so far this season.

I haven't tried to find how many minutes each played and in what part of the game (3rd or 4th quarter), but that stat seems to indicate Florida is taking Trask out at least for some parts of the game they play in.

But aside from arguing your point........since Trask and Mac are both candidates for some awards this season, I have no problem in their coaching staffs allowing them to accumulate whatever stats are helpful toward that end - as long as it doesn't compromise the good of the rest of the team and/or program. And I think that debate alone might deserve a thread of it's own.

The way I feel right now......BOTH Mac and Trask are having fantastic seasons and what I like the most about both players is the way they stayed with their respective teams while others were named the starter - they never gave up. They persevered and are finally seeing dividends on their "investment" of faith and dedication.

It's only natural for Funny Maine to poke fun at the competition - I get that. There's still quite a bit of football left to play and we'll see how things shake out. Let's just hope they both stay healthy and we get to play the rest of our games.
I don't have a problem with the way he is getting his stats. The Gators defense forces him to play the entire game almost every game. I'd rather have a team with a better defense, but his stats are legit.

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
I don't have a problem with the way he is getting his stats. The Gators defense forces him to play the entire game almost every game. I'd rather have a team with a better defense, but his stats are legit.

Trask has better TD numbers because he doesn't have Najee. I cannot even name one of Florida's running backs. I would have to look it up.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
Trask has better TD numbers because he doesn't have Najee. I cannot even name one of Florida's running backs. I would have to look it up.
Both good points and I agree.

Regardless of stats, I think whoever wins in Atlanta will likely win the Heisman.

So there's something to look forward to as it pertains to these highly skilled quarterbacks, in addition to everything else.

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham

One example I can remember is 13:05 left in the fourth quarter and he throws a touchdown pass to put them up 28. I believe there’s 3-5 td passes that fall into that category. I’m not criticizing throwing for 675 yards and 7 touchdowns to win by six, but he’s been in games late throwing touchdown passes that should be thrown by Emory Jones.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
One example I can remember is 13:05 left in the fourth quarter and he throws a touchdown pass to put them up 28. I believe there’s 3-5 td passes that fall into that category. I’m not criticizing throwing for 675 yards and 7 touchdowns to win by six, but he’s been in games late throwing touchdown passes that should be thrown by Emory Jones.
I'll put a call in tomorrow morning to Coach Mullen and pass along your advice. ;)

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.