Bama-LSU likely to be played Dec 5

14ennessee

1st Team
Oct 24, 2020
Per ESPN the Alabama-LSU game is likely to be played December 5th provided there are no more covid disruptions between now and then. The game against Arkansas would be pushed to December 12th.

Saban4Ever

All-American
Sep 27, 2016
Cobb County GA
I suspect LSU is about to have another COVID attack...
Yep, I heard in clips from his presser that he let his players go home yesterday for Thanksgiving. Wonder how many will test positive in the next few days.

I wonder how many of our players went home yesterday. I saw on Facebook from Rick Karle's story that Malachi Moore went home. He posted a pic of Malachi and his mom. I hope the family members get tested during bye weeks and holidays. Neither had a mask on in the picture.

I just hope we can play all the games, but would not be surprised if there are more covid issues for every team.

Krymsonman

Hall of Fame
Sep 1, 2009
River Ridge, LA
I was just going to comment on this as the big headline on Nola.com was that our game with LSU would be rescheduled. Don't we have any veto power in this at all? LSU had their chance and sickened out. Now they are worried about money as they won't have enough home games. They had their chance and blew it. Why should we cater to their needs.

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
I was just going to comment on this as the big headline on Nola.com was that our game with LSU would be rescheduled. Don't we have any veto power in this at all? LSU had their chance and sickened out. Now they are worried about money as they won't have enough home games. They had their chance and blew it. Why should we cater to their needs.
I think its good for the conference as a whole if the games get played. Hell, it's an overall societal benefit, IMO.

We aren't going to duck from the competition, so any veto is out.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
I read that the SEC has the authority to do this - the teams agreed to it as the Covid season planning was put together.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
Why would we veto? This is the second biggest game on our schedule for the players and our fanbase abd the players who have worked so hard and showed great discipline get a 10th regular season game that they so deserve. Some will say somebody may get hurt but this could happen in practice, against Auburn..... The players deserve it and it will be an epic beatdown. Very, very happy for the team and us fans.

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
I honestly don't think it's fair we have to play Auburn and LSU back-to-back.
Auburn went and cried to the league about having to play UGA and Alabama back-to-back.
LSU cried about not wanting to play Florida the open week before Alabama.

I guess that's the difference in us and everyone else.
It is. We fans will be ticked at this or that, but the administration isn't going to publicly do it. Hell, any time we've ever expressed dissatisfaction, we get ignored.

Bama privilege, I guess. But in this season, I'm for playing the game even if it drives up the difficulty.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
LSU will have to play A&M, Alabama, and Florida back-to-back-to-back...

Three of the top six teams in the country is a brutal slate for anyone, much less a team that looks like it would struggle against most directional schools...
Yeah, but I don't care about LSU's schedule.
I care about them whining a few years back about having to play Florida and us back-to-back.

(Folks, I'm about 1/2 blue font right now, I'm just making the point that other folks whine about the schedule, and we - honestly don't. But rest assured some of our folks here will if we lose either the IB or LSU games).

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
LSU will have to play A&M, Alabama, and Florida back-to-back-to-back...

Three of the top six teams in the country is a brutal slate for anyone, much less a team that looks like it would struggle against most directional schools...
So in all likelihood LSWho will go from 3-3 to 3-6 and the groaning will be loud on the bayou. Add the Title IX scandal and this adds up to a complete meltdown.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.