Game Thread: LSU at Texas A&M game thread

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
How do you have two true freshmen quarterbacks playing? You couldn’t recruit someone to fill the gap after Burrow?
Well consider that Joe Burrow was the personification of lightning in a bottle last year. Your perception of what LSU should have is skewed by that. It’s similar to wondering why Auburn didn’t have something similar to Cam Newton when he left after 2010.

This is typical LSU we are watching here. This is 9-3, 8-4 LSU after they’ve lost their starter. 15-0 LSU is a pipe dream, that only happens in 1 in a billion simulations.

They have regressed to the mean. Hard.

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham
Well consider that Joe Burrow was the personification of lightning in a bottle last year. Your perception of what LSU should have is skewed by that. It’s similar to wondering why Auburn didn’t have something similar to Cam Newton when he left after 2010.

This is typical LSU we are watching here. This is 9-3, 8-4 LSU after they’ve lost their starter. 15-0 LSU is a pipe dream, that only happens in 1 in a billion simulations.

They have regressed to the mean. Hard.
I don’t mean equivalent to Burrow, I just mean they went from Burrow to one upperclassmen to two true freshmen. Our true freshmen quarterback beat out a redshirt sophomore to be the backup.

OSUTideFan

All-American
Dec 17, 2019
Indiana
I’m just wondering what happened in the last minute of the game. LSU drove the ball down the field and scored a TD. Something had to change in order for them to do that. What was that factor, and why couldn’t they have done it in the other 44 minutes?
Asking objectively.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
I’m just wondering what happened in the last minute of the game. LSU drove the ball down the field and scored a TD. Something had to change in order for them to do that. What was that factor, and why couldn’t they have done it in the other 44 minutes?
Asking objectively.
Likely because A&M knew the game was over and was largely going through the motions.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
TJ Finley did not have a good night. He never had his feet set the whole night. The game was too fast for him to get him settled in.

Max Johnson showed some glimpse of good and bad. Kid can avoid blitzes well. IF anything, I would expect Max Johnson to start this week against Alabama. He can move the offense down the field, but to go against Alabama and he's a freshman... He'll struggle.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
Maybe. But rather than eating out his freshman QB maybe ogre should focus on actually making an adjustment and blocking the corner blitz for once
Mixed bag.

What you said needs to happen, but there may be times when it doesn't. And we've all seen quarterbacks live to fight another down - by knowing when to hold 'em and when to fold 'em.

That's important for any QB to know.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.